Can this baby still be healthy

jas is right,in the old days there weren't any rules or guidelines,and my mum was the same as kriskitten, 7 months gone, and let me tell you, she was always in the pub, she had no idea! and my sister is 100% fine(unless you count non stop talking as a problem!) :rofl:

The vitamins are a new thing, my mum never took prenatals! And as so many girls have said-some girls dont find out til theyre waters break!! I dont excercise and barely drink water, unless i feel sick lol. You get all the tests done, theyre not 100% but near enough. You should be fine! Its never too late to start lookin after yourself x

Hiya :)

The girls are absolutely right about the lifestyle/vitamins stuff .... when I had my children we weren't given pre-natal vitamins at all and were still allowed to eat eggs, soft cheeses, liver, nuts and all sorts of other things that you girls are told to avoid now .... and I'm not all THAT old ;)

Now MY mum's generation (your grandparents' age) smoked, drank and ate all the 'bad stuff' and still had perfectly healthy babies .... I'm not suggesting you do the same as we know better now, but I really wouldn't waste time worrying about it :hugs:

Now - the really worrying bit :( Your parents!

Can I ask you a few questions? Are you still living at home? Is your OH also Muslim? Do his parents know about you? Do you have any support system outside of your family?

Sorry to sound so nosey - I'm not interrogating you, honestly... but I live in a very multi-cultural town, have a lot of Muslim friends and know how tricky things like this can be :hugs: It just helps to have a bit of background information before I go giving you advice :)

I think she probably thought I was going to have an abortion still

Even still "pure evil"is not a phrase u should throw around, esp not at a girl u have never met, spoken too and no very little of her situation.

Dont take it to heart, u have mine and others full support. Good luck with the family, let us no how u get on :) :hugs: xxxxxxxxx

Good luck with your pregnancy hun - your bubs is going to be just fine x

Wow couldnt just read and run. Wanted to say, "its better late than never". Bubs will be just fine. :). Parents are a tricky situation, as with all of us, hurtful things have been and probably will be said. But parents are parents, and it is in the hearts to be forgiving. My friend Jennifer is straighter from Vietnam, and her mother is die hard for their beliefs. So naturally when she found her daughter was pregnant at 19 years old with a boyfriend, not a husbands child, she was livid, broke her down, made her cry, BUT Now with the babe due in Febuary, her mother couldnt be more excited and relieve that all has gone well so far for her daughter in this hard time in life. Try sitting them down, and talking calmly. Your desicions are yours, and where there is a will, there is a way. Im sure your not the first teen in your religion to become pregnant and you wont be the last.

I'm technically underweight (apparently!) don't drink nearly enough water and barely...if ever exercise..

Babies basically drain us of whatever they need! So in order to survive and grow, they'll strip us of nutrients! It's perfectly possible that your LO will be healthy despite not doing things the 'right' way because there is no right way, you can never be 100% prepared for a baby and you can never 100% follow the 'guidelines' that are about today.

Just get working on drinking more and eating healthily, ease yourself into some exercise and do the best you can from now on for you and bubs. :)

xx

She is right. I just took a course in Nutrition. Mothers need extra calories and extra vitamins and minerals for the baby, but the baby takes whatever you don't give as extra. Really, it just makes you less healthy, more-so than the baby. As a teenager, though, your body is still growing, which is why as soon as possible try to see a doctor and find out how much more you should be eating. I hope everything is okay with the baby. The others are right, though, the baby should be perfectly fine.

i'm sure your baby will be happy & healthy, there are people that have smoked, drunk and even done drugs during their pregnancy, yet their baby was fine. also when i fell pregnant i was 7stone9 and for my height the doctor thought i was underweight, then during pregnancy i reached over 11 stone, i'm sure you and you're baby will be fine but start eating healthily now that you know :) xxx

There is no need to call her pure evil

Hunni its never too late lkike so many people said years ago we never had vitamins

And gues what you can still do college uni whatever you want I did :D

Chin up and I'm sure if you stay on here we will all support and guide you where ever we can
xx

Can I ask you a few questions? Are you still living at home? Is your OH also Muslim? Do his parents know about you? Do you have any support system outside of your family?

Yes I'm still living at home with my parents, was planning on moving with my bf after I graduate high school this year to whatever city my college is in.

No he's not Muslim. His parents know about me, Iv'e known them forever. Ya I have friends, especially teen moms that count as a support system for me.

Yes I'm still living at home with my parents, was planning on moving with my bf after I graduate high school this year to whatever city my college is in.

No he's not Muslim. His parents know about me, Iv'e known them forever. Ya I have friends, especially teen moms that count as a support system for me.

Yay! :flower: That's really great :D .... that your OH's parents know you and that you have a support system I mean :hugs:

If I were you I'd tell your bf's parents first and see what they say - IF your parents decide to come down hard on you then it will be less traumatic for you if you already have a back up plan for somewhere to live while you finish high school and already feel supported by your bf's family :hugs:

It might be a good idea to talk to a high school counsellor as well, just to get an idea of how the school can support you with finishing that part of your education while you are pregnant and with making plans for college once your baby is born. If you can show your parents that you aren't intending to 'throw your education away' and that you are making responsible plans then they may be more accepting. The school counsellor may also be able to help act as an intermediary between you and your parentsif thngs get tough :hugs:

No-one can really predict how your parents are going to react, but it's always best to be prepared for the worst - that way if the worst doesn't happen then it's a nice suprise, and if it does then you already have plans in place so it's less frightening .... that's kinda one of my philosophies about life in general by the way LOL - it avoids disappointment ;)

Good luck Hon and let us know how it goes :hugs:

I never took prenatal vitamins as everytime i did i threw up so i just gave up on them real Quick . My Doctor Never sent me for any bloodwork She sent me for one ultrasound. and my Daughter is Perfectly healthy and happy and shes Very smart . Its never too Late and Im not telling you what to do but you should NEVER get an abortion it will Break your Heart i know from experence .

couldnt read and run..
so thought i'd leave a little comment.. the girls have all given you the best advice.. and i don't have much to add..
as for telling your perants...
make sure you've made your decision, because they might try and change it, and you're the one who has to live with it!!
i'm only coming up to 10 weeks, and haven't told my mum yet, but plan to tell her after 12 weeks.. as thats the most dangerous part over.. (which btw if your baby got through that, should be fine! my doctor told me - usually something going wrong isn't due to bad health, that can just increase any underlying problems)...
and as for your religion, i remember a girl at my college having the same problem, and eventually her perants came round (she was muslim too), and they eventually accepted her..
but at first they didn't but she knew what she wanted to doo..
don't know if this is any help, but i hope it is!!
feel free to Pm if you wanna chat!!
xxxxxx

I'm a bit older, but I was in exactly the same situation!
I didn't do anything about my pregnancy until I was about 16 weeks when I finally told my mum. I'd convinced myself that I wasn't going to keep the baby because I was just about to go into my second year at university. I'd spent the summer being incredibly unhealthy (I even went to Ibiza!! (but didn't drink a lot mind..)) and then it finally came out that my OH wanted to keep the baby and I then decided I really wanted to also. All my scans and tests have shown that the baby is completely healthy so far, and I haven't had any complications! So assuming she's completely healthy when she's born soon, I think you'll be alright! xxxx

yes i ate bad because i didnt know i was pregnant and i still eat bad because junk food is what i crave but i do eat healthy things too and yes your baby can be healthy even though you dont eat right just take vitamins and go to your doctor and get everything checked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->