Can you add formula.....

Your not supposed to, the water needs to be around 70 deg to kill of any bacteria in the formula.

I agree with the above poster. You are not boiling the water to treat the water, the water is not the issue so cool boiled water is little more use than tap water. You are boiling the water to kill potential bugs in the formula which can lead to LO getting food poisoning. The powder is not sterile.

Guidelines on formula are different in each country it seems. I would follow the instructions on the tin.

No, needs to be hot enough to kill of any bacteria as formula isn't sterile.

You should check on the tin. I'm in the UK and the instructions for my Los milk is to add to cooled boiled water.

x

But really how many bugs could be in a sealed tin of powder??

Not bugs as in insects, bugs as in bacteria.

Lol I knew that! Just thinking about it in terms of what babies put in their mouths everyday is it really such a concern? I boil water and put in flask after a feed so by next feed water is at drinking temp then add powder, I guess I'm really just looking for reassurance my method is ok! :)

in france we don't have to do all this!

we just add mineral water...

i do that too, but my formula says to leave water for 30-45 minutes (Im using HIPP), i figure water left that long isnt hot enough to kill any bacteria so it cant be much of a risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->