Can you be a childminder in parents home?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
To be a childminder, do you have to do it in your own home? Or can you do it in the parents home and be a registered childminder?

in your own home,if you do it at the childs home you are a nanny and the parent(s) are your employers

Cheers, I literally found what I needed after I posted, lol. Yes she would be a nanny, and I now know they CAN be registered with OFSTED for the point of childcare funding (CTC and Vouchers etc)

yed its a fairly easy process and she can def accept childcare vouchers. I am an ofstead reg nanny and am paid with vouchers.

I did a child studies degree in Canada so no idea what the UK equivalent is sorry

As well as nannies, you can also have home childcarers who are basically childminders that work in the parents' home.

Cheers folks. I am thinking I may just look into this. I'm kinda screwed as the nursery cannot guarantee the extra days if I go back FT, and the childminder cant confirm till 8 weeks before, but I have to tell them 8 weeks before I go back.........and Emma has Gymnastics on a thurs afternoon which I am not able to change to any other day as all full :(. But someone in my own home would work well if they could be here by 7am then wouldnt need to wake kids before I leave for work either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->