Can you eat too much fruit?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Is it bad to be eating too much fruit? I constantly crave it and am eating so much! Today I've eaten a whole punnet each of raspberries, cherries, blueberries, then half a melon and lots of grapes!! It's crazy! I still crave more!

I'm sure it's too much sugar. Surely?

x

In my opinion, no, it's very very hard to eat too much fruit. Also berries are actually quite low in sugar compared to a lot of fruits.

During my son's pregnancy I ate an insane amount of fruit...it wasn't unusual for me to eat 10+ bananas a day, plus melons, apples, berries, etc. I found I had a good pregnancy, I never got swollen at the end around the ankles and feet like a lot of pregnant ladies do, never had hemorrhoids, and had no problems passing my glucose test even while eating so much fruit.

Fruit is high in vitamins and water...making it a great food for pregnancy in my opinion.

If your body wants it, go for it! If your body didn't want it I doubt you'd find it so appealing.

Also the fiber inherent in fruit allows your body to process the natural sugars effectively.

It's not like table sugar...

Thanks EarthMama! That's reassuring to know. I am so happy I have this craving this time round. I think I only craved lemons last time, so wanting lots of fruit (and raw vegetables too) is making me feel quite healthy. I've also gone off chocolate, crisps and sweets. This baby wants his mummy to be super healthy! Let's hope I keep this up till the end of pregnancy.

x

I crave fruits too! Mostly oranges. I've gone through three big bags of oranges since 6 weeks... I wish I was craving more veggies!

Cravings are all so different! I haven't craved citrus-ey fruits this time round, but carrots, celery, red peppers and cucumber cut into sticks and dipped into tzaziki. Yum!!!!

Cucumber sounds good but all of those others sound icky! pre pregnancy I loved it all except celery! I just crave food that's not exactly light or good for me, and oranges lol. And I want to eat every sweet pastry lol

Just edited this- omg auto correct I hate you lol

I sat down the other evening (rare thing in itself lol) and ate half a pinapple, two apples, a banana, an orange and two lemons (!) madness!! :haha:

I hope not! I've been craving pineapple and cantaloupe like crazy, it's all I want to eat. Tonight for dinner I had a tub of sliced pineapple, cantaloupe, and some blueberries. It's been like that every day actually :p

It's better than finishing off a bag of chips or nachos! I've been craving protein, fish, chicken and tomorrow we have steaks. I've been having loads of veg too but I feel ravenous if I don't have protein:shrug:

I've been craving fruit too! Oranges, apples, melon, pineapple, any fruit really. I also craved salad yesterday! I'm happy that I'm craving healthy food. I tried to eat a chocolate muffin today and it tasted AWFUL...which is highly odd because normally I LOVE chocolate! No complaining though...want to be as healthy as I can be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->