Can you feel your womb and baby when feeling your tummy yet?

They told me its under the pubic bone and doesnt come above until after 12 weeks, I dont know really what im feeling for so im going to ask midwife to show me at my next appointment.

They told me its under the pubic bone and doesnt come above until after 12 weeks, I dont know really what im feeling for so im going to ask midwife to show me at my next appointment.

I know what you mean about orgasm because I feel my lower stomach are tightin up afterwards

I'm 12wks with my second child and can't feel anything yet. I didn't till i was 14wks with my dughter, was only a little while ago so i remember it well! :haha: I'm no expert but my doctor said they can't feel anything till at least 12 wks ulnless an internal exam is carried out (as explained by Kandykinz) and anything before this is likely to be other organs being pushed up into the abdominal cavity to make way for your growing uterus. This may well be wrong-they do say each pregnancy is different- but just thought i'd add what i had been told.

I don't think anyone is trying to be patronising or to imply anyone is stupid, people are just sharing their thoughts and advice they have been given, don't take it to heart sweetie :hugs: xxxx

Superbecks, I very much hope that you don't feel a patients uterus after she has had an orgasm!

Ive no doubt you can not feel it. But as a 'second year midwife student' you should probably also know that after an orgasm, the uterus contracts. Hence, why I can feel it.

I hope this helps.[/Q
You say about an earlier poster being patronising yet I feel your being patronising in this post. I was trying to help, but it seems you KNOW you're right so I will leave it.

Can I just add that when you started this thread you said it was much easier to feel your uterus after an orgasm. You didn't say you could only feel it after an orgasm.

I just did some research and I am right, it is indeed possible to feel my uterus at this point. I knew I could, what with having a kid so recently before and not forgetting what it feels like.

I don't like it when people make out that Im stupid.

Some people are more intuned with there bodies and can feel anything going on in there ahaha such as you and I. I dont know what itis exactly, but I'm laying on my back and when my tummy lays flat I feel something between my belly button and lower abdomen. I assume it's the uterus from what you say. I know it's my baby in there because I feel it PLUS when doing my 1st scan at 5weeks my doctor said I was right:happydance: I know where baby is. yayyy

Katie, the doctors feel it way before 12 weeks. They can roughly determine how far along you are.

Hope this helps.

SO TRUE! My doc puts two fingers inside "me" and presses my tummy down to feel for baby. I agree Hippy! If you're crazy, so am I girl!:hugs:

I think Katie was talking about externally feeling it.

You can feel it internally to determine how far along you are from an early stage.

With my son, it was easier after an O.

With this one, it is only after I had O'd.

My doctor felt ds externally before 12 weeks.

I can start to feel mine coming up, but i think its easier to feel if you've had a baby before, I've had 2 so my muscles are really stretched...:)

mine is plum size at 12 weeks, 5 weeks is an apple seed :) i see it on peoples sig's lol,m hey how u feelinmg devine ? xxx

Hey love , im feeling uhmm ok. lol. haha other then this new sinus infection and well regular morning sickness hahah im gonna make it tho no worries LOOOL how are you hun?

Since this has been bumped up, I thought Id add;

I can feel it even easier now, without having to O or anything. I can feel that its hidden a little behind my pubic bone, but its still there and getting obviously bigger. :D

mine is plum size at 12 weeks, 5 weeks is an apple seed :) i see it on peoples sig's lol,m hey how u feelinmg devine ? xxx

Hey love , im feeling uhmm ok. lol. haha other then this new sinus infection and well regular morning sickness hahah im gonna make it tho no worries LOOOL how are you hun?

Aww a sinus infection poor you hun :hugs: i too am still suffering terrible with this ms. When will it go away lol.

I can feel it even easier now, without having to O or anything. I can feel that its hidden a little behind my pubic bone, but its still there and getting obviously bigger. :D

This is your second right? Your uterus has already been there and done that. The explanation that I was taught was that your uterus has already stretched for one baby so the next time round it thinks "Oh look, a baby, I know exactly what this means" and can get a bit bigger earlier on. I don't think anyone else can say that it isn't your uterus unless they are standing right in front of you feeling it for themselves. You'd know better than anyone as it is your body.

This is your second right? Your uterus has already been there and done that. The explanation that I was taught was that your uterus has already stretched for one baby so the next time round it thinks "Oh look, a baby, I know exactly what this means" and can get a bit bigger earlier on. I don't think anyone else can say that it isn't your uterus unless they are standing right in front of you feeling it for themselves. You'd know better than anyone as it is your body.

Thank you, thats what I figured too. x

I can now feel it pushing everything in my tummy outward!
And my bump has grown a little too :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->