Can you get AF without Ov?

Mamabel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I mc'd on April 1st and had a D&C. I still haven't gotten AF, so started a 10-day cycle of Provera to trigger it. I'm supposed to get it this weekend, and apparently, it's going to be deadly. I have to say too, that although the midwife warned me that I could have viscous PMS, it's been fine: I've lost 2 pounds, haven't been near as hungry or sleepy, and even got a libido back! So all this makes me wonder about hormones after an MC...

However, here is my question for you all: even if I get AF this weekend, will I probably ovulate next month? Can you get AF without ovulating? Or, if I get AF should I assume that I did indeed ovulate? We're not really trying until August, but, you know, I like information and knowing what to expect. Thanks in advance for your good thinking.

Hi Mamabel. Unfortunately, you can get AF without ovulating. The only sure way to know is to take your temperature every day before you get out of bed. Once you see a consistent temperature rise, you know you've ovulated. Doing OPK's will only tell you if you've had an LH surge. They don't confirm that you've actually ovulated. They just tell you that your body has geared up to ovulate. It isn't abnormal to not ovulate for a cycle here and there. Since you are triggering your AF, you may not ovulate this cycle as your body is trying to "reset." Your hormones are most likely all over the place. However, there is also a possibility that you do ovulate. If you want to chart your temps to see if you ovulated, I can help, just let me know.

Also, just so you know, I didn't ovulated after either of my mcs. Once I got my first AF, I ovulated after that. I'm on my 3rd cycle after my second mc and I'm actually wondering if I might not ovulate this month.

I hope this helps.

Hi Heart Tree,

I always appreciate your posts. I am a big temp taker, and will start again on Saturday when triggered-AF comes. However, your personal experience with Ov and AF after MC really does help. Thank you.

Hi ladies,

It's been 8 weeks since I had medical management for my mmc. I have still not had af, my bloods are still showing hcg in my system. They are at 25 now so still getting pos hpt's.

I'm so fed up waiting for my af and hoping for a BFN, so I know where my cycles at.

Have any of you had the same problem and also took the medical management route? Do you think the drugs they use really mess with your cycle?

The doc I seen before signing the consent form said they should only be in your system for no longer than three weeks.

sorry for the long post, I just need to know there is some light at the end of this dark tunnel!!

xmagsx :kiss:

hi ladies,

it's been 8 weeks since i had medical management for my mmc. I have still not had af, my bloods are still showing hcg in my system. They are at 25 now so still getting pos hpt's.

I'm so fed up waiting for my af and hoping for a bfn, so i know where my cycles at.

Have any of you had the same problem and also took the medical management route? Do you think the drugs they use really mess with your cycle?

The doc i seen before signing the consent form said they should only be in your system for no longer than three weeks.

Sorry for the long post, i just need to know there is some light at the end of this dark tunnel!!

Xmagsx :kiss:

sorry i thought i'd started a new thread and dont know how to remove this.

Sorry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->