can you have a false negative from quantitative blood test?

aww man i just moved to another state not long ago, i dont have a doctor or insurance still....should i just go to an ob/gyn and get a 'well woman' exam or whatever?

None of us are doctors and can't diagnose you - and certainly not over the internet so I would go to your local clinic or doctor of some sort and get something done to check you out. Best wishes.

If you had a BFP and then negatives you need to go see your GP and tell them, if they are good they may send you to the early pregnancy unit with suspected MMC however if they are like mine they may make you wait and go through general scans. My GP was happy for me to go in the early pregnancy assessment department but they said they would not without the up-to-date positive at the GP's office and even though my GP wanted an early scan with DS due to my history they would not do it without bleeding which I get since it would not change anything but at the same time I did not want to go to another 12 week scan to find out the bean stopped growing at 6 weeks again so it would have felt reassuring. :shrug: So basically it really depends on your GP and the hospital to how they react but the GP needs to refer you somewhere (unless you are going privet I guess) so they are the starting point. (I hope that made scene, lol) :flower:

Thanks for your reply. Well basically when I was on cycle day 32 (I have very irregular cycles but last one was 29 days and one before that 24), I took a clearblue plus test. There was a faint horizontal line but I could also see an extremely faint vertical line. I showed it to a mate and ladies on here and they all said they could see a faint line too. So I thought fair enough, maybe the hormone will get stronger or whatever but 3 days after, nothing (this was on a diff brand) and then today on day 38 I took the first response and couldn't see a positive. So I'm quite confused. No AF obvs and usually my cycles are 37 days at the longest or so, however the only time I had unprotected sex was on day 14 of my cycle. Also been having cramps and frequent urination with a clear discharge when wiping. Been feeling like AF is going to come every single day but no blood. The one reason I thought I'd could've been preg is cos of the faint brown/then pale pink spotting discharge I had a week after unprotected sex which disappeared after a very very short amount of time.

I'm just getting a bit worried now cos all these things aren't normal for me if I'm not preg and I can't get an appt to see my doctor this week either.... xx

The timing does sound convincing, I hope that you get to see your doctor soon (and they are good at sorting that stuff out).

My sister in law had positive home test, negative blood test :S but she was pregnant but only a week it seems the home test picked up on the hormone more than blood test x

My sister in law had positive home test, negative blood test :S but she was pregnant but only a week it seems the home test picked up on the hormone more than blood test x

oh wow thats funny, you dont hear that happening too much!

oh wow thats funny, you dont hear that happening too much!

yh she took a second test which also was positive, blood was still negative so she went to another doctr who said if the home test said positive then that should be accurate , unfortunately she lost the baby 1 month and a bit in so could have been to do with complications :sad1:

Im a bit worried about a miscarriage cuz I just read that stress and anxiety can cause it..... does a miscarriage always show positive on tests?

If you were three months along, yes, you would have gotten a positive HPT by now. An ectopic pregnany doesn't always register on a HPT and you could (to my knowledge) still experience monthly cycles.

I really hope that instead of trying to constantly diagnose yourself, you'll go to the doctor and get things taken care of....

Im in the process of going to get checked up but Im waiting for this darn insurance people to e-mail me back so I can get started and make an appointment with an OBGYN.

It would show on a test by now, if like my second you were getting mixed results it would likely be a MMC so you would not have had a period. If it was an ectopic you would be in hospital before the 3 months. I do not want to come across the wrong way and you do not have to answer but is was sort of suggested on another post that you have not actually had sex to get pregnant, if that is actually true then it is very unlikely you were/are pregnant.

I really do feel for people in America though as it is not like you just book an appointment to see your GP, it makes me feel lucky to be in the UK even if they are slow about things.

yeah its really not easy out here, like i had a hard time finding someone that would actually do a blood test without needing like a doctor form or whatever! its like they dont really care, most of them are prob just in it for the $$ which stinx

new here. happened on this thread trying to research false neg. quantitative serum tests.

I have 7 (yes, seven) children and have had 3 miscarriages. With all of my pregnancies I have never gotten a positive HPT until after 2 weeks, minimum, of my period being due. I have never had the serum test done until a little over a week ago. My last two pregnancies I didn't get a +++HPT until after 50days into my cycle (the boys were both born 2-3 weeks past their 'due date' but were born looking not a day overdue! so that taken into consideration, that would somewhat explain the later +++HPT). But even with my babies born ON their due dates it was a later HPT. (and no they weren't early. 10.5 pounds and 8lbs 14oz).

Fast forward to now... EXTREME Exhaustion, even worse than my last pregnancy. I thought what the hey.. I'll test just in case (baby is 11mos old and no period returned yet). Had a DOT on the test line. Just a dot! Next HPT a week later negative. STILL exhausted. Worried it might be Mono. Go in for blood work and ask to include quantitative serum test. Comes back at less than 1.

That was over a week ago. Still tired/exhausted every day. They tested many other things too that could cause exhaustion and all were normal. My belly has stretching pains like that to ligament pains. Every day. I have felt what feels like movement also. Could be gas, right? Or something else ;) Even up to my last pregnancy I don't show early on and pants don't get tight quickly so I can't go by that as it's not even happening.

Just sayin... If I am preggo (and I certainly 'feel' like it).. this could be evidence of someone whose body just very slowly produces HCG... and thought I'd give y'all some hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->