can you help pls.

starface

tcc#2
Reaction score
I went to the hospital yesterday, to see the gyno.
She has put me on prostap for 3 months.
Has anyone had this?
what were your side effects like?
Cheers.

Didn't want to read & Run, Ive never been percsribed this paticular drug .. but Im sure somebody else on here will be able to offer advise.
Sarah
:hug:

Sorry chick I have no idea, hopefully some of the other girls can help you
xx

Hi Starface

I am curently on my 3rd injection of Zoladex. Prostap is the same as Zoladex. It is used to treat endometriosis. Is that the reason why you are on it? Basically it is to stop me from having a period A.K.A temporary menapause.

My side effects, its been ok so far. The 1st month I had really bad headaches, my boobs hurt so much. I couldnt run or jump. It killed. They dont hurt anymore but they are still huge. The drug feeds you allot of estrogen the 1st month and then your body gets an overload of the hormone and it stops after that. I was on heat the 1st month (TMI) hehe and now sex drive is really low. Sometimes I have times where I am mentally dazed. And beware the hot flushes!!!!!! Thats been the constant side effect. I cant stand it but its bearable. My endo cyst has diminished in size!!

Overall Starface, it depends on the individual and the side effects vary. Please dont be to worried about the side effects, they are bearable. I refused to take the drug straight after my lap to remove severe endo and within 3 months it was back with a vengenence. I really regret it.

Btw I have been taking Evenining Primrose Oil to help with the side effects and painkillers. If the side effects get really bad you can request to have HRT, this feeds you some estrogen and it will ease the side effect.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

Dilek

yep it is for endo. Just waiting for my period to come then they will give it to me.

Good luck with the needle :blush: . My last injection is in 2 weeks :happydance: Thank god and off to IVF.

where did they give you the needle. they are doing mine in the bottom. I having 3 then going back to the hospital in aug.

Mine is in the stomach. My consultant grabs a few layers of fat hehe and goes in for the kill. It does hurt. Maybe injecting in the bottom might not hurt as much. Ohh I have funny thoughts going through my mind right now. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->