Can you help? Temps/charting

viccat

Reaction score
Hi...

Just wondering if you could have a look at my chart as I don't know what is happening with this stupid body of mine :dohh:

I have a pretty regular cycle and my CBFM always shows a peak around CD13. This is backed up by EWCM which happens for a few days before that and stops about the time the monitor gets to a peak. So far, so good.....

This month I decided to start charting my temperature as I wasn't quite sure when I ovulated but thought I was as nothing seems amiss.

But...... no temperature rise?!

Last 2 mornings taking my temperature as usual at 7am it was 36.5 and 36.4. As this seemed odd I also took my temperature half an hour later (still before getting out of bed) and it was 36.7 both mornings - which is what I would expect if I had ovulated.

What do you think?

looking at your chart I would say you had not yet ovulated, however temping is not always reliable, the consultant I was under when i was trying for Finley told me not to rely on temps, but to use the clear blue ovulation test with the smiley face, which is what we did.

Looks pretty clear to me you O'd on CD 16.

The thing you have to remember your LH surge that OPKs or monitors measure does not give you exact O date. You can O up to 48 hours after your surge. It's different for every women and can even change form cycle to cycle.

For example one month you may O 12 hour after your surge or 2 days after. Some women say it's about the same for them every month.

You can also have short or long surges.

I would keep up the temping as it gives you a lot of info on how your body is working.

Oh and you have to have 3 high temps for FF to give you cross hairs.

I agree re cd16, you had not got that far on the chart when I looked originally but cd16 does look like it could be the day.

I also agree to keep temping. I just meant I would not rely on it alone.

Thanks girls - I think I am going to have to be a bit more strict about timing.

What is better - to test at the same time every day, or when I wake up every day?

So, for instance the alarm goes off at 7am so I started testing then, but some mornings I wake up naturally before then so had been moving around a bit more (without getting out of bed) by 7am.

And that high temperature? When I woke up, OH was wrapped around me so not sure if he had heated me up! 20 mins later, my temperature was back to 36.5!!! :dohh:

That's one I think we all struggle with. I think for the most part it's best to take it right when you wake up. If you wake up at a very different time say because your sleeping in in the weekend you might use the temp adjuster under FFs Data drop down list. A lot really depends on you and how your body reacts. After you cart a month or two you kind of know more about what it should be and go from there.

Hopefully you just get Pg and don't have to worry about it
:dust:

I regularly ovulate 4/5 days after my lh surge detected....

Hmmmm ... curiouser and curiouser ..... it turns out FF agrees with me about when I ovulated DESPITE no higher temps for another 2 days. Weird - I didn't think it would do that.

Next month I have decided to record temperature at a couple of different times and see whether one is more reliable than the other. I'll take it when I first wake up, regardless of time, and also at a fixed time just before I get out of bed.

Or alternatively I could just get lucky this month! **fingers crossed**

And ....... FF has moved my ovulation date again! :shrug:

I take my temp as soon as I wake up :thumbup: Some mornings I wake naturally so I temp then or I'll temp if the alarm wakes me up. On weekends I'm still guaranteed to wake up early :wacko: so I'll temp then and if I go back to sleep it doesn't matter. My temps aren't affected easily and once you temp for a few months you'll see your pattern and you won't need to be so strict with things :)

I have to say I agree with the 16th ... Looks pretty clear

Your still covered so fingers crossed for you

And........

FF has changed the date back again! :dohh:

Hi Viccat,

Looks like the 16th is about right. I'd say it's probably more important to test at the same time every day because there are significant body temperature shifts during a natural sleep cycle, so that if you temp a couple of hours later than usual (but still after just waking up) you will get a significantly different reading. My problem used to be with oversleeping rather than early waking, but that's because I'm a lazy ass :)

It does seem, taking into account your EWCM etc. that FF has pinpointed it accurately. Fx'd for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->