Can you ladies please help me..Irregular signs preterm labor?

sandrass

Beautiful daughter Alessa
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of very uncomfortable/painful tightening that makes me stop what I am doing, but it is a very sharp pain not period like? As well as when I went to the washroom (pee) it felt like a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen.

It doesn't really feel like labor from what I remember with my daughter, so therefore it isn't right? I just want to make sure. I have to work today so I don't want to rush into see a doctor unless I absolutely have to, and I think I am probably over reacting?

Sometimes I think mother's instinct is worth so much. When I first started going in to labour we were moving house (I obviously wasn't lifting anything!) and I just had to stop every now and then to sit down as my belly was just feeling 'tight' - I couldn't even explain the feeling, and there was no pain at all. This was on the weekend and by the Monday I was in hospital and 6cm dilated. If I had my time again I would stop everything and get it checked out. I'd rather have a doctor say 'No, you idiot, that's just wind!' than 'If only you'd come in yesterday'.

It's probably absolutely nothing to worry about at all - probably just braxton hicks? But, even so, if it was me I'd go to the docs instead of going to work. You can always go to work late if all is well. I hope all is well and it's just a little hiccup on your way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->