Can you ovulate without having a period?

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Hi girls please forgive me if this sounds stupid but is it possible to ovulate and then not have a period?
I came off BC 4 weeks ago, bled for 5 days straight away and then ovulated just over two weeks later. Currently 11dpo and not had AF yet which I thought was due yesterday.
Had loads of AF symptoms but no sign of her and now all symptoms seem to have disappeared except needing to wee constantly and an occasional burning sensation in my nipples????
I'm not pregnant as have done a couple of tests over last few days (one being this morning) and all have been BFNs.

I'm really confused. Last time I came off BC I got pregnant straight away, I know that that's not going to happen again but if I ovulated surely I would get a period after right??
Or is it possible for your body to resume ovulation quickly after coming off of BC but not periods?

Please help!

Your luteal phase ( after ovulation but before period) should ideally be 14 days. Wait a few days and it'll probably come. I've had a luteal phase of 16 days before af came a couple times.

You can ovulate with out having a period, that is often what happens to woman breast feeding, are you still breast feeding? I am sure it will come and if it doesn't maybe see a doctor if you are still getting BFNs....

maybe its just taking a little longer to get a bfp as all your symptoms sound promising I no with me it took an extra week or so with me to get a bfp with my girls but with my boy it was straight away. gl x

I've got a bad belly now so reckon I will be waking up to AF

I'm in the same exact boat, except my period is now 5 days late :x

I'm in the same exact boat, except my period is now 5 days late :x

Have you done a test? I'm now 5 days late too so might test later or tomorrow morning

When I came of BC the first time my first cycle was 52 days so it depends how your body reacts to coming off BC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->