Can you really trust OPK kits?

Scrubs

Reaction score
With my first, I used the OPK test strips and when I thought I had two lines the same colour we BD, then when that didnt work we BD every day the week I was meant to ovulate.

I felt like I was ovulating last week with lots of mucus and test line with faint positive and then Sat I got a stronger ovulation positive line with pelvic pain but since then I have had stronger positive lines, even a prominent line today with pelvic pains and not a lot of discharge/mucus. We BD from 14 till 24 Jan missing the 22 as parents down!

Can I really trust the OPK kit or not? Can anyone tell me if I just pressured my HB for a week of BD and not even ovulating?! He is away for a few days now so no chance.

Thanks

I found this month that I O'd a few days after the EWCM - I had a few days of that and then it went watery (and there was much less of it) THEN I O'd. So I had 2 days of EWCM, one days of watery CM and then two days of +ove opks (i.e. two days after the EWCM).

I have been temping too and it shows a temp rise consistent with the above so it would seem that the OPKs are right.

Having said that - I used a different brand of OPKs one day (just to compare) and they gave a -ve result when my original ones were +ve!?! Confusing. They were internet cheap ones though whilst the other were from Tesco.

It can also depend on the sensitivity of the test - if they are too sensitive then you can get false positives on them. They do come in different sensitivies so it might be worth getting some that are less sensitive. See here:https://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/ovulation-tests.htm

I think that they are good indicators but are perhaps used best alongside temping and watching your other signs if you want to be completely sure :)

I think if you try using BBT and OPKs, that will help with the confusion. good luck.

oh no maybe i have missed the opportunity now :(. Husband is on front line from middle of feb so i was hoping to concieve before he went...

FX'd that you have managed it already and that you get your BFP :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->