Canadian and I know it

Sunnyleah

Mom to baby Asher
Reaction score
Looking for local buddies during my ttc journey. Trying since may 2012. Bfp August 2012. MMC @ 13 w (baby measured 9w). D&C October 26, 2012. Still trying.

I'm hoping to find some Canadian buddies for advice/ chat about medical stuff, baby stuff, ttc in Canada etc. I'm finding so many great women and advice but because not much is Canadian it doesn't always apply. Things like what's covered under Ohip (or other provincial health care plans) etc. where to buy or order products (without paying tons of shipping/ duty etc).

Anyone out there?

Hi Sunnyleah! I'm a fellow Canadian, thought not from Ontario :)

OH and I have been ttc since May 2012 as well. BFP in October 2012 and MMC (blighted ovum) discovered at 14 weeks. Had to take misoprostol to pass everything.

We started ttc again after 2 cycles, but no luck yet :(

Hi Sunny,

I'm from Canada too. I've order from makeababy.ca Great cheap pee sticks.

Kasey hi! We actually had a MMC in October (13 w baby measured 9 w). I took the meds the morning of D&C (our choice). Great doctor told us the options and helped us to choose a path best for us.

We have been trying again since December. So 4th cycle day 22 today. Next weekend I should know if we succeeded or on to cycle 5.

:dust: to you!

Do you chart or anything? I temp,and watch cm. I read a lot when I came off BCP last January and had no cycle for 4 months. Began charting to see what was up and to have info for the doctor. Now it's more of an obsession! Lol

@ Mowat,

Thanks for the tip :)

How has your journey been?

Hi Sunnyleah, I'm from Ontario Canada too. I just recently started going to a fertility Centre and completed initial testing. If you have any questions feel free to ask, most initial testing is covered by OHIP but their are some tests that aren't but may be covered if you have benefits.

I noticed we're close in age, I'm turning 33 and DH turning 35. Sorry for your loss.

Sunny welcome! I'm sorry to see your loss as well :(. It's unfortunate that you had to loose a tube.

I'm hoping to conceive again (only 3 months first time) but quite anxious about pregnancy after MMC. I had no idea there was something wrong (and for several weeks).

Fingers crossed that the clinic is able to help,you in our journey!

Where abouts in Ontario? We're in Oakville (near Toronto).

Sunny welcome! I'm sorry to see your loss as well :(. It's unfortunate that you had to loose a tube.

I'm hoping to conceive again (only 3 months first time) but quite anxious about pregnancy after MMC. I had no idea there was something wrong (and for several weeks).

Fingers crossed that the clinic is able to help,you in our journey!

Where abouts in Ontario? We're in Oakville (near Toronto).

We were NTNP since September as we planned to start in 2012. I actually didn't know I was pregnant as I got what I thought was a period. I ended up in hospital in severe pain and learnt I was pregnant but it was etopic and they suspected my tube had ruptured so I had emergency surgery. It was a nightmare. Having a loss made me realize how much I want to be a mother.

I hope you don't have to wait much longer and this is your cycle. Good luck.

I'm just north of you in Brampton. Small world. Tomorrow I go to clinic and should confirm that I O'd today so will be joining you in the TWW.

Sunny, that's a horrible experience. I'm still grieving my loss as well. I think I've always wanted to be a mother but didn't realize quite how much I wanted it until being pregnant (and knowing, planning, preparing) for 9 weeks. We found out at 4 weeks! I take my health much more seriously now and things like a avoiding meds, taking vitamins (did before but often forgot/ missed).

Good luck tomorrow. Are you doing iui or anything? Or just tracking o?

I'm actually pregnant now, but just weeks. Trying not to get too excited. I had a MMC 18 months ago and then 3 D&Cs over 5 months as I continued to have retained products. After all the trauma to my body I didn't get AF, and had many rounds of hormones before I self-diagnosed Asherman's. Had a further surgery last June and then a weak AF returned. Was cleared to TTC in September although I still have scarring in my uterus. Just waiting now for an early u/s to see if things are as they should be.

Good luck to everyone.

Mowat that's awful! I remember after my MMC and D&C I was worried about Ashermans. My doctor told me to take a home test 4 weeks out and then I saw him at 6 weeks. He said if no AF then we'd scan. I had spotting the week before though so he was confident everything was ok. Then AF came the next day (6 weeks to the day). Since though my cycles have been longer with a less obvious temp rise after o. I can imagine how hard it must have been to go through all of that! I'm glad you're on your way! I'm sure that little bean is strong and will be in your arms in no time!

I'm coming up to the edd of our angel. Not sure how I'm going to feel. It's may 1st so a few weeks. And my bday is April 29 so I was going to have baby right after my 33 bday. Now not even pregnant! Also one year of trying may 1st :(. Any suggestions to cope?

I'm keeping everything crossed for you that this is your rainbow!

:dust:

Congrats mowat, you've been through a lot, hope your scan goes well, keep us posted.

Kasey, good luck. Have you tried SMEP (sperm meets egg plan)?

Sunnyleah, I'm just cycle monitoring so no iui. I started meds this cycle to help with stronger o even though I ovulate on my own. My hsg (dye test) showed my remaining tube isn't blocked but the dye spilled out slowly so I still worry. Unfortunately looks like I will o from my tubeless side for the 3rd cycle in a row.

@ Sunnyleah, fingers crossed that you get a BFP next weekend!! I've just been doing basic charting...tracking periods and cm. I'm thinking that I might start using OPKs. I'm on CD10 right now, but unfortunately my OH is away on a trip and we'll miss the fertile window this cycle. It's killing me to miss an opportunity, but we'll be back on track to ttc next cycle.

@ Sunny skies, I haven't tried SMEP exactly. Just did some reading up on it and I'll definitely be using this! Thanks for the tip :) Sorry for your loss and all you've been through. Lots of baby dust to you <3

@ mowat, sorry for your loss and everything you went through. Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope this will be your rainbow <3

@ sunny thanks for the positive vibes :). I'd love a bfp this cycle except edd woul be December 24!! Lol. Oh we'll its done so nothing I can do now :).

@ kasey. Smep is a great plan. Also check out 'taking charge of your fertility' by dr Toni something (woman). Amazing read so much info about a woman's body and cycles in general. Info about both preventing and achieving pregnancy.

Quick update, my scan confirmed I O'd yesterday. Finally got some good news as it looks like not only did my follicle on my left get released but also my right. My right follicle was small so not getting my hopes up but at least I finally O'd from my right. Femara has definitely helped.

Quick update, my scan confirmed I O'd yesterday. Finally got some good news as it looks like not only did my follicle on my left get released but also my right. My right follicle was small so not getting my hopes up but at least I finally O'd from my right. Femara has definitely helped.

Great news!

Hey everyone,

An Alberta girl here. I'm 32 and we are on cycle 4 ttc #2. I had early m/c cycles 1 and 2 (Jan and Feb) this time (I also had one before conceiving my daughter) but we just keep on trying and hoping for the best. I have hypothyroidism, too so just had that checked out and needed to adjust my meds a bit so hoping that might have had something to do with the consecutive losses this time round. :shrug:

I don't chart but pretty sure I ov'd over the weekend sometime so now just waiting.

Nice to meet you all, look forward to chatting! :hi:

Welcome Cowtowngirl! Sorry for your losses :(

Glad you have a positive attitude though!!!!!

Good luck with the new meds. Have you ever had any testing regarding the multiple losses? Just curious because we've had one loss and hoping to get pregnant again soon. And of course terrified of another loss. Wondering what steps may be offered if it were to happen again.

Thanks for the welcome! I just mentioned it to my family dr at my daughter's 18 month check in march so when we tested my thyroid we did some bloods for a few different things (antibodies) and everything came back normal. It was pretty basic bloodwork, though but nothing so far indicates that we should have any problems having another baby. My family dr is pretty amazing and I think if we keep having problems I'm sure he'll refer us as needed.

Sorry to hear about your (and everyone else's) losses, definitely one of the hardest things I've expericed. Hugs to everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->