Canadian and I know it

Hey everyone,

An Alberta girl here. I'm 32 and we are on cycle 4 ttc #2. I had early m/c cycles 1 and 2 (Jan and Feb) this time (I also had one before conceiving my daughter) but we just keep on trying and hoping for the best. I have hypothyroidism, too so just had that checked out and needed to adjust my meds a bit so hoping that might have had something to do with the consecutive losses this time round. :shrug:

I don't chart but pretty sure I ov'd over the weekend sometime so now just waiting.

Nice to meet you all, look forward to chatting! :hi:

Welcome CowtownGirl. I'm so sorry for your losses. Best of luck in your ttc journey. Sending lots of positive thoughts and baby dust your way <3

Cowtowngirl, welcome, it's nice to have some Canadian girls to chat with. Sorry for your losses.

A few of us here seem to be in the TWW, sending. :dust: to us all.

I'm great thanks :). Chart is not my usual pattern (actually posted a poll on my journal). Last time I had a similar pattern I got my BFP so fingers crossed!

I've also been symptom spotting! Lol

Skin break out bad... Lol
Teary (at commercials, movies, etc)
Heartburn like no tomorrow
Higher than usual post o temps
No temp dip at 3/4 DPO
And just today a wave of nausea
Bb's feel a bit heavy
And just the last couple of hours a bit crampy (too early to be AF related)
Oh, and lots of white, creamy cm...
Just today I noticed my cervix a bit high and soft (usually low and firm this time during my cycle)

Last BFP my first sign was heavy bb but I often get that during my tww so hard to say.

Everyone else?

:dust:

Sunnyleah, sounds promising. I don't chart so I'm a little lost with them. I use to use opk and check cm. I bought a thermometer but Wasn't good at remembering to check so I gave up. As much as going to a fertility centre can be draining I love knowing exactly what's going on with my body, takes the guess work out. I'll have to stalk your journal.

I'm only at 5dpo but I've been feeling very crampy last 2 days and very bloated. I've tried not to read too much into my symptoms for fear of disappointment but its hard. Whatever kills the time...lol

Kasey, thanks! And lots of :dust: to you...

Sunny skies: is the clinic a private clinic? Do you have to pay to go there? I'm curious, as my family doctor is amazing but not a fan of any intervention. Not that we need any yet, but may need to look into it. May I ask what the clinic does for you?

Kasey, thanks! And lots of :dust: to you...

Sunny skies: is the clinic a private clinic? Do you have to pay to go there? I'm curious, as my family doctor is amazing but not a fan of any intervention. Not that we need any yet, but may need to look into it. May I ask what the clinic does for you?

It's not private, my family doctor just had to make a referral. Usually after 1 yr of TTC or 6 months if your over 35 the doctor can refer. I really wanted to go as I wanted to check my remaining tube for any blockages and just get some answers. The first month they run a bunch of tests such as cd 3 blood work, ultrasounds to check uterus, follicles and monitor ovulation. I got my hsg (dye test) and some other tests. My DH got a SA done as well but that was done at a lab prior to going to the clinic. Most of the testing is covered by OHIP but I had to pay $25 for a catheter for my hsg, 95 for AMH bloodwork which was optional and a post coital test $50. After the first cycle a review meeting is booked where they make suggestions. I was told I may have mild PCOS but I do ovulate on my own. The femara was suggested to get a stronger o and bigger follicles. My DH's SA was also low in count and slightly low in motility. He was recommended to take some supplements to help with this (it's been 2 months so he'll return in a month to see if its improved. My work benefits have covered all those other costs so far except the supplements. If I go down iui or IVF route those will be costly. Not sure if my benefits cover that. Iui is about $600 plus costs of meds. I'm not ready for that route yet but I feel relieved as now I can know when I o on my right and would be closely monitored if I get pregnant.
Sorry for the long response.

Thanks for the info! Glad it's helping you. I'm just thinking about it because we will have been trying for a year but with one pregnancy and loss in that time. Want to prepare myself for what's next if we don't conceive again in another few cycles. I think I may have low progesterone (due to temps and luteal phase) but that's easy to support.

Thanks again! Very helpful :)

Kasey, I notice that we have the same join date ;)

Yes we do! I joined after my MC is December and I'm so glad I did, as its been such a wonderful source of support!

Hopefully we'll be chatting over in the "pregnancy after loss" group soon! I just bought some OPK's, so hoping this will help :)

Kasey, what type of Opk's did you get. I found them very helpful but it took me about 2 cycles to figure it out. I used the Internet cheapies.

Kasey, what type of Opk's did you get. I found them very helpful but it took me about 2 cycles to figure it out. I used the Internet cheapies.

I was going to order some online, but I found First Response-pack of 20 on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $34. They are supposed to be easy to interpret. You get a + or - result.

I was going to order some online, but I found First Response-pack of 20 on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $34. They are supposed to be easy to interpret. You get a + or - result.

That's a good deal, much easier to read.

Canadian girl here too! :hi::wave:

From Québec so not sure the difference in health care between here and Ontario.

Thank you for the makeababy site!! its great to nkow now where to order from without having to wait a bloody eternity. I ll have to check but it would be nice if they had preseed too!!

Im sorry everyone here has experienced a tragic loss. :( It is difficult and sad so many woman live through this. I have two myself.

For OPK i have quite a few cycles charted and opk'd so if anyone has any questions id be happy to help!

:dust: to everyone!!!

Welcome to the cold side! Lol. Are you having snow like us today??

NO!! keep it over there!! haha

(we are supposed to get it tomorrow....)

**covers face with hands and peeks through 2 fingers*** How bad is it?

Lol well all the busses are cancelled, a bunch of schools closed but really it's just raining with a bit if hail??

Welcome Sallyhansen76. Hope you don't get Ontario's bad weather :)

Sorry for you losses and lots of baby dust to you <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->