Cancelled IUI cycle

bluebeech72

Reaction score
Hi,

Started my first IUI cycle on 23rd September but it was cancelled a week later when i went for my scan as I has 7 follicles and in the UK they only allow IUI with 3 or less.

I've been told now to continue injecting with Suprecur for 7 days to bring on some sort of bleed - I think i've heard this referred to as down regging ?

I'm now on day 6 on the suprecur but no sign of anything - apart from really sore boobs ?

Anyone been through this - when should I expect an AF (or whatever it is ?)

I've also been told that we can't start our next cycle until I have a proper AF which will probably be some point in November - v.frustrating - can't understand why I can't start straight away when I get this AF following the injections ?

Any similar experiences very welcome !!

I don't have a similar experience but didn't want to read and run. I'm sorry your IUI was cancelled. :hugs:

hey hon, I can't comment on the use of the suprecur to end the cycle as the only experience of a cancelled cycle I had was due to under response and they put me back on the bcp to bring my cycle around again. As for not being able to go again straight away, I imagine they want to let your ovaries settle down before starting stimulation again which although frustrating is probably a good idea if you responded that strongly.

Unfortunately they get very nervous with IUI as they can't control the number of possible fertilisations if there are too many available eggs so they tend to be a bit over cautious. sorry that you had to have your cycle cancelled, hopefully next time they'll do better at getting the doses right for you.

*hugs*

It ddn't happen to me but WOW 7 follicles! Hey at least feel better knowing your have a good chance of getting pregnant soon, maybe with multiples.

Question for you - what happens if you decide to BD? Would you have a good chance of getting pregnant without IUI? Just asking.

Sorry to hear about your cancelled iui bluebeech72 :hugs:

Mibebe, i have just attended the first consultation to commence iui, we were told that if i produced more than 3 follicles, my treatment would be cancelled and it would be highly unadvisable to bd. Must be higher chance of conception i suppose x

Sorry to hear about your cancelled iui bluebeech72 :hugs:

Mibebe, i have just attended the first consultation to commence iui, we were told that if i produced more than 3 follicles, my treatment would be cancelled and it would be highly unadvisable to bd. Must be higher chance of conception i suppose x

OK then I would tell you to listen to your doctor
I know how I am. If somebody tells me and DH not to bd, we're probably going to bd LOL :nope::haha:

I know how you feel BlueBeech. I am on my second round of a cancelled IUI. The first, back in August, I produced 18 follicles and had ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. This cycle, I had my ultrasound yesterday after only being on clomid 100 mg for 5 days due to start the injections last night and I already produced 14 follicles with the potential of them becoming large. So I made the decision to cancel it myself. They were concerned that I was heading down the same path, so instead of spending all the money for them to tell me they were cancelling seemed pointless. So I guess the IUI doesn't have enough control for me and I probably will never be able to do it. My only other option is IVF, but that's very expensive and my husband will not agree to it!!!! My clinic has suggested that based on my response, they would expect for my chances with IVF to be in the 65-70% range, but I first need to figure out how to pay for it. The soonest I can start will be my cycle in April, due to the clinic being 3 hours away and travel in the winter would be too stressful as well as work demands. Hopefully by then I can scrape together enough money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->