Cancelled IVF Appointment

rachelle1975

And then there were 3!!
Reaction score
So I had yet another IVF appt scheduled for 4 weeks time (NHS). The nurse asked us to book it so that DH's bloods could be discussed along with his DNA test, another SA to be done and also me to be weighed.

I rang the clinic last night to see if the DNA test was back and the guy at the clinic cancelled our appt saying there was no need for us to attend until AUTUMN!! I'm so confused:hissy:

If the nurse said to attend and do the things listed, why is this guy saying no until Autumn?

We are on the waiting list - he said the next time we hear will prob be to say we can start our cycle but they won't know if i've lost all my weight? It's just so confusing.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Before we were told appt in May then if no results, appt in July.... now it feels like we have nothing to aim for and i feel so upset and fed up :cry:

Oh no - is there anyone else you can speak to and discuss this?

I just don't know what to do??

DH said he is still going to do his SA as he has his little cup but he will do it in 2 months (new shower fitted so fx).

Maybe i should ask for an appt so i can be weighed in July so that they have a record that i'm at my target weight (which i will be)??

Feel like i'm in limbo land... it's horrid and this year has been shit enough so far :sadangel:

Who was it that you spoke to? Is there someone else? They may have just made a mistake xx

I think that calling up to re-schedule in 2 months is prob my best bet - the weight will be all off by then so if they weigh me then they can see how serious we are. I'm kinda torn about looking into a private cycle while we wait but i'm a bit scared of starting IVF as it is and i'm hoping for a miracle!

oh honey i am sorry.. i am also a bit scared of IVF and the failure.... hang in there.... hope your appt comes soon

xxxx

Yes that is horrid, having no real target. My next appointment is what keeps me going. I don't really understand though, are you having to wait until Autumn becuase of the waititing list or for some other reason?

I am scared of the failure too, hoping to start a cycle next Month. Its all waititng, waiting, waiting isn't it.

I would ring up again and get clarification. Hope you get a better answer :hugs:

We were told in feb that treatment would be within 12 months so now I guess within 10. The only reason we don't have a new appointment is they don't seem to think we need one I guess, do we just have to wait. I'll be a super model by then.

Tanya, it is all really daunting eh? Maz leaving has scared me about the huge impact it will have. I just feel foolish for getting my hopes up and thinking august would be our month you know? :hugs:

I do think you should call to resked. The nurse told you to do these things! I don't know why that guy you talked to you would just cancel an appt you have been waiting for! I guess they don't understand that infertility appointments give us hope and get us a step closer to our dream.

I hope you get it all sorted. :hug:

Oh Rach, I agree with Mendy.

I would be getting on that phone and bloody well demanding answers! You have waited long enough and they can't just cut you like that without explaining in detail WHY.

Good luck sweet, I hope you get some good answers.

Spoke to DH last night - he has his magic pot and has every intention of doing another SA since that was agreed at our last appt. Since our shower has only been working since the weekend i said to him to give it a couple of months - maybe test end of June to see if there is improvement.

I am going to focus on weightwatchers - kick some serious ass and will re-sched my appt for July - then when i go and they can see i'm at target or even below it - maybe it'll help somehow?

Clinging to hope a bit but you need a little bit of hope :hug:

Rang the clinic - there is a note on the file saying no need to do any further SA's or appts until 7 October.

So doubtful DH can get away with using his magic pot... and i asked about a weigh-in appointment and got told weight watchers scales are more accurate. Deflated is not the word!

I'm so sorry you're going through this...how can they just change things without contacting you as to why?

:hugs::hug:

Awww Rachelle. I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through.
Waiting is so painfull, and being cancelled is so frustrating.

Try and keep your positive thinking with using the time to lose your weight so you're ready for when the time comes. I now it's hard to be positive, but I hope the time will go by quickly for you.

:hug:

Just emailed a private clinic to enquire about their services/egg share programme and also BMI details..... the weight will DEFINITELY come off but if we could have a cycle sooner whilst we were waiting... well.....

I still can't believe your appt got canx and they can't resked you! I would be furious!

Yay on contacting someone else in the meantime, hopefully they will have some good answers for you. :)

Fingers very crossed Rach. Your BMI should be fine for the private cycle but are you sure you guys want to do this -e.g. the money, the angst- and not wait for Oct anyhow? I ask because I have been JUST where you are so many times.... Ever since we got our diagnosis I live on borrowed times to IVF appointments so every time I have even a faint indication of when the next cycle would be I set a mental deadline and get uber demotivated when that is pushed back as these things are.

We just got word that no, our go will not be end of this year as they promised but first appointment in APRIL 2010 and actual treatment 8-10 weeks from then effectively putting us at maybe as late as JUNE TWO THOUSAND AND TEN!

Granted, right now I am in denial and think of the new me once all the weight is off, of going on vacation, of focusing on work and my career and to be fair, having a BFP this month (which I fully expect not to get any darker and lose like all the other chemicals we had) helps temporize but at the end of the day, it's over a year from now so very depressing yet after our Spanish stint I would never spend that kind of money again.

In short, I've been JUST where you are.... and we paid the money and faced the music and did the private go and honestly? I wish we hadn't so consider our cautionary tale too when you decide :)

Many :friends: :hugs: to you hon and keep in touch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->