Canesten pessary prior to membrane sweep?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by londonangel, Jun 2, 2011.

1. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

I've got a membrane sweep booked for Sunday morning but feel like I am coming down with thrush. Has anyone else used a canesten type pessary two/three days before a membrane sweep? I did ring the birth centre where I'm due to have the sweep last night and the midwife said it didn't really matter if I had used the pessary before they do the sweep, but I am still worried about it. Ordinarily I'd just leave it and see if it seems to properly develop, but I'm tempted to just use pessary tonight so I don't have to worry about it. Arrghhhh, don't know what to do!

2. jiya90

jiya90 Well-Known Member

My induction is booked for tomorrow and have a thrushy feeling too. So am meeting mw today to ask whats the best thing to do. Will update here. If i can have a pessary, then surely you can as well.

3. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

Ah thanks, yes, an update would be fab. It's horrible wondering what to do for the best. If I wasn't pregnant and so close to my due date, I'd leave it and see if it developed into 'yep, that's definitely thrush' but I worry about going into labour and inadvertantly passing thrush to the baby!