CANNOT believe he did this..

My husband works at Tesco. If he has to travel for work he can claim back petrol money. I dont think he could claim for like day to day petrol but he claims for when they send him to further away stores because he is training to be a manager so he needs to go sometimes. Anyway my point is you could more than likely take a taxi to work and claim back the expense because you had to travel. You are pregnant, I am almost positive that would be allowed.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I thought of that, but problem is cars can't even get down my road. I doubt a cab would risk coming up.

We had a photoshoot at Debenhams that we won booked for tomorrow too. Don't think we'll make it in =(

My husband works at Tesco. If he has to travel for work he can claim back petrol money. I dont think he could claim for like day to day petrol but he claims for when they send him to further away stores because he is training to be a manager so he needs to go sometimes. Anyway my point is you could more than likely take a taxi to work and claim back the expense because you had to travel. You are pregnant, I am almost positive that would be allowed.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I thought of that, but problem is cars can't even get down my road. I doubt a cab would risk coming up.

We had a photoshoot at Debenhams that we won booked for tomorrow too. Don't think we'll make it in =(

I am sure if you contacted Debenhams in the morning they would understand.

The fact is you did walk to work, and you fell despite that. You may live 15 minutes away normally, but it took you an hour in the snow. You should remind them of that if they ever quiz you about it. They have to give you extra help if you need it while you are pregnant. They have to respect your safety, especially if you are walking in the snow at night when there's no sunlight anymore. I live 5 miles from work, so it takes me 2 hours to walk it on a good day.

In February, when we had over a foot of snow, a lady in HR asked why I wasn't in the office that day. I politely reminded her that I relied on public transport, and both the busses and trains had been cancelled for the day. She asked why I didn't walk in (5 miles), and I just laughed at her. Apparently she was serious. I just told her that I didn't want to risk my health by being out in the cold for so long (because I would have had to walk all the way back too)... and I wasn't even pregnant at the time. Your employee needs to cut you some slack when there's weather like this; even more so when you're pregnant.

And I reckon Debenhams would give you another booking if you explained that you're pregnant and couldn't make it through the snow. I've had a photoshoot with them in the past, and even though they're giving the shoot itself for free, they hope to make money from you by selling you additional photos. It's in their interest to let you re-schedule. I ended up spending £90 on photos when we had our shoot.

eugh, i hate sainsburys! i used to work for them, shittest employer ever if you ask me!
you have every right to not go in hun! you and bubs are far more important than them, and if they're going to be that unhelpful for you then why do they deserve you spending your time working for them!
really hope you and bump are ok hun and that your heads not too sore from falling :hugs: xx

And I reckon Debenhams would give you another booking if you explained that you're pregnant and couldn't make it through the snow. I've had a photoshoot with them in the past, and even though they're giving the shoot itself for free, they hope to make money from you by selling you additional photos. It's in their interest to let you re-schedule. I ended up spending £90 on photos when we had our shoot.

We made it in, late, but we made it, and I spent £150 on photo's o_O OOOPS!!!

They were sooooo pretty though... Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I would say I was injured from falling over (sore back perhaps) and sign myself off sick for the day - then if the weather is bad, just say you were injured the last time and won't risk it... besides, I don't really see the difference in how close you live - if they say you can go home early you should be able to...

XpatchX great news on the photos and i hope things have worked out with work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"