Can't decide on a girls name as we know too many people

atalanta85

Reaction score
We can't agree on a girls name because we either know someone with that name, have a friend or a relative with that name, or had a negative experience with a girl by that name. It's very difficult. Also, I like androgynous or short/sharp names, OH likes very feminine names.

One that we have semi settled on as a possibility is Ariana (because it sounds like Enara which OH likes but I don't) and Zoe. But we can't 100% agree and think of a middle name to suit.

For the boy, we both like Alexander.

This is what I like anyway, but OH is very undecided:
- GIRL: Zoe Elizabeth
- BOY: Alexander James

Any tips on choosing a name? It's our first :)

EDIT: Also, neither of us like 'different' and out there names.

We didn't agree on Alice until we found out she was a girl. I did want Laila or Leila but OH didn't, he liked the names Amber, Alicia and Alice.

For us it was a matter of choosing a first name that goes with Emily. I'd already decided before we even knew that she would have my friends name as her middle. I'm not sure anything I've said helps..

We can't agree on a girls name because we either know someone with that name, have a friend or a relative with that name, or had a negative experience with a girl by that name. It's very difficult. Also, I like androgynous or short/sharp names, OH likes very feminine names.

One that we have semi settled on as a possibility is Ariana (because it sounds like Enara which OH likes but I don't) and Zoe. But we can't 100% agree and think of a middle name to suit.

For the boy, we both like Alexander.

This is what I like anyway, but OH is very undecided:
- GIRL: Zoe Elizabeth
- BOY: Alexander James

Any tips on choosing a name? It's our first :)

EDIT: Also, neither of us like 'different' and out there names.

I like Ariana... how about Aviana ;) Ah-vee-ah-nuh (I'm partial to it, it's my DD's name :haha:). I found the name in a book and thought it was a pretty, feminine, and strong name. Once we found it, we kind of new that was it. I tried to change it later on but Aviana really stuck and I couldn't think of calling her anything else.

Zoe Elizabeth I like too. Since it's a short first name, it's nice to have the longer middle name. I also like your boy name. I guess I'm not much help LOL.

Since you like short androgynous names and OH likes very feminine names, I would suggest a compromise of having a very girly name that can be shortened to a short/androgynous name, such as:

Leah - nn Lee; Leigh
Samantha - nn Sam
Shayna - nn Shane
Elaina - nn Lane
Joanne - nn Jo
Jaedyn - nn Jade; Jay
Kailyn - nn Kay
Rachel - Rae/Ray
Raina - Rae; Rain

Other suggestions might be:
Ashley, Reese, Quinn, Sage, Skylar/Skye, Sloane, Blake, Brett, Chris, Dale, Gray, Peyton, Wren

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->