Can't find a midwife in my area that will do a HB

eris

Reaction score
There is only one birthing center in my area and that's over a half hour away. I really wanted to give birth at the birthing center, but when I called they said I could only do a home birth and that kinda made me nervous because of having a c-section and then almost having to have a second one with my second child. Luckily I was able to have a VBAC with her though.

However, I was told that because I was a second time VBAC that they couldn't work with me. I'm still really unclear as to why a SECOND VBAC would be bad versus a first time VBAC? So hospital birth it is.

There is only one birthing center in my area and that's over a half hour away. I really wanted to give birth at the birthing center, but when I called they said I could only do a home birth and that kinda made me nervous because of having a c-section and then almost having to have a second one with my second child. Luckily I was able to have a VBAC with her though.

However, I was told that because I was a second time VBAC that they couldn't work with me. I'm still really unclear as to why a SECOND VBAC would be bad versus a first time VBAC? So hospital birth it is.

It's probably because with VBAC you're at risk for uterine rupture where your scar is, it doesn't have as much give, and with a 2nd labour after having a scar they might be worried because of the fibrous tissue. Also, your uterus doesn't have as much tone the 3rd time.

If I was you, I would have a hospital birth but a natural one :) if that's the kind of thing you're after x

If you want a HB keep looking for a MW. Where I live it was hard to find a MW as HB is not common but in the end there were more MW's in the area than we realized it was just a rather closed community. We didn't find a MW until I was about 30 weeks.

I agree with BunnyN: keep looking. Look for a group of mothers who are into natural birthing in your area, and I bet they could point you in the direction of some midwives. Does your area have a Le Leche League? Midwives in my area strongly advocate for breastfeeding and for that particular group so maybe if you connect with people in that group you could locate a midwife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->