Cant find heartbeat anymore??

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I'm only 9 and a half weeks but have been finding baby's heartbeat on my Doppler since 8 weeks. I tried tonight for at least half an hour and can't find it. Not even a faint echo. I've convinced myself something bad has happened now anyone else had this happen??

Don't convince yourself of the worst! There are a lot of hidey holes for baby to take refuge in there. The uterus is a big place for baby right now!!!! Besides, the fact you found the heart beat at 8 weeks is pretty amazing and early for most dopplers, even medical grade dopplers the docs and midwives use. Give it a day or two and try again.

Most doctors advise against at home dopplers for this reason, they cause unnecessary worry at times if you can't find a hb. I wouldn't worry, there will be times you find a hb and times you won't. It all depends on where baby is when you try it. Give it a few days and try again.

Have you checked again? I think most doctors advise against finding it yourself because of the risk of not finding it when it's really there

My doctor doesnt even check routinely until after 12 weeks. Before that she said even she can have teouble finding it amd if causes unnecessary stress.

I wouldnt worry. Baby likley just moved

I agree with the other ladies, baby probably is just in an unfavorable position right now. Take a deep breath, relax and then try again later. I'm sure you'll find it. The chance of miscarriage at this point is really, really rare.

I have been finding baby's heart beat from 9+2 by 9+4 I couldn't find it I was in a bit of a tizz but my symptoms were still strong and the sickness was still as great as ever so I let it be, now at 9+6 I've found it again but not in the spot I was looking and it's higher. I would give it a few days and try not to worry.xx

Honestly, this is why doctors hate these home Dopplers. Please don't worry. I know you've found it before but baby's still tiny and so many things could make it difficult for you to find. Things have probably moved around and the Doppler can't reach it clearly enough.

Surprisingly I just tried it again after doing the deed with OH and I found it! Yey!xx

Yay :) Baby must have moved around a bit. Xx

Happy days. Glad u found it. I first heard mine at exactly 9 weeks so I've been having a wee listen in since then

I found mine since 8 weeks as well, couldn't find it the other night when my son asked to hear it. But I found it a couple hours later, I found that it's much easier to find when you've got a full bladder as well x

I was thrilled to find my baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks this time, though it took a LONG time, then at 10 weeks I couln't find it again and I really stressed myself out. It can be really hard to find and take ages when they're so tiny, and like others said there is loads of space for your baby to be hiding in there. I think I was over 12 weeks when I found it somewhat easier to find, and even then it sometimes took quite a while.

I'm 11 1/2 weeks and I still can't find the hb after trying for two weeks with a doppler. Disappointing, but I don't worry about it. I had an u/s at 8w5d, which showed a very healthy heartbeat, and a retroflexed uterus. So it really doesn't surprise me all that much that I haven't found the hb yet. It won't be much longer before the critter is big enough. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->