Can't find heartbeat on doppler!

Pandasnax

Reaction score
I know its probably still a little early but I bought a angelsounds doppler and tried to find heartbeat a few times but still no luck! Should I be worried? And does anyone have any tips on how to find it? X

I wouldn't worry, you are still early on. I have a Doppler and I won't even be attempting it until I'm around 14 weeks at least. The midwives won't even listen for it until 16 weeks

I have an angel sounds doppler didn't find baby until 12 weeks 1 day (trying from 10 weeks) and every week since has just got easier as baby gets bigger :)

The best time I found was in the evening, after work. Have a semi-full bladder (not to the point like you feel you're going to explode) and get plenty of aloe vera gel on your tummy. In the early days (week 8-9) baby was low down near my pubic bone. Starting around week 10 baby started to move around and since then, I can find baby about midway from the pubic bone to my belly button.

Start at one side of your tummy and move S-L-O-W-L-Y. At each spot you stop at, angle the wand in all directions and pause. Then move on. Its a slow, tedious process until you get the hang of it and have a general idea where baby likes to hang out. The first time I found the HB, it took me 45 mins. of searching. The next day, it took me 30 mins.! Now I find it in about 15 seconds or less. You need to listen carefully now though, since baby is older he/she can move away from the wand and make it hard to get a good reading. In the early days, baby wouldn't move much so it was easy to just put the want on him/her and just listen forever. :)

Good luck!

Here is a recording of what mine sounds like. The fast beat is baby, slow beat is me and the whoosing/wind howling sound is the placenta.

https://s15.photobucket.com/user/mara16jade/media/More Pictures/20131218_173955_zpsnvofe2wv.mp4.html

You can go on youtube and see what other people's dopplers sound like too. Good luck!

mara16jade - what kind of doppler are you using? Sounds amazing!

That's the sonoline b with the 3mhz wand. :)

I'm 9+1 and I keep thinking I'm hearing it but I'm not sure. My doctor is suppose to try to listen to it at my next appointment at 10+6 so I'm trying to calm my nerves until then. I keep trying even tho I don't really want to but I keep thinking I got it lol.

I tried for almost an hour at 9+3 and heard maybe just a couple of seconds. Today at 10 weeks I put the wand on my tummy and it was there straight away. Im using sonoline b. I heard angelsounds in not as sensitive. Good luck x

Argh stupid doppler! Still cant find heartbeat but I also cant hear anything else either!!

Are you using lots of gel? Have a look on YouTube lots of vids on how to use a Doppler on there, takes a bit of a knack! X

Are you using lots of gel? Have a look on YouTube lots of vids on how to use a Doppler on there, takes a bit of a knack! X

Thats a really good idea! Does it help to use loys of gel? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->