Can't find heartbeat :( so scared

shobbs

Reaction score
Ok so I'm currently 10+2 and have literally spent hours looking for baby but have had no luck :'(

When I was pregnant with twins last year I found them at 9+5 with no problem.

I'm so nervous I can't find baby. I'm not nauseous anymore but have terrible fatigue and sore breastfeeding still. I'm so nervous I have my scan on Tuesday but the next 3 days are going to drag with anxiety.

Breasts not breastfeeding silly corrective text

Try and see it this way: with your twins, you had twice the chance to find a heartbeat, and because there was two, they'll have been bigger and have had less space to hide. I wouldn't worry about what you can or can't find with a home doppler. Chances are you're worrying for nothing. Still, you are concerned, so why not call the midwife and ask to come in just to have her have a quick listen in?

oh man.. try not to worry! my dr specifically told me not to buy a doppler because it can be so stressful when you don't find a HB at home. hang in there. maybe try again later? i'll be stalking to see how your scan goes later this week. we are almost exactly the same.. i'm 10w1d!

hun in my area even the midwifes point blank do not use dopplers til 16 weeks because before 16 weeks its very hard to find a heart beat and they end up causing more stress try not to worry

I'm in the same situation, Just bought a doppler yesterday and spent like a full hour trying to find the heart beat =/ trying to stay calm as I know its still early on but it is concerning when you can't find the heart beat =/ keep trying I'm sure all is well!

With twins they are already higher up than a singleton. Have you tried looking at or even below your hairline?

Like other users have said don't worry. Many people I know both on here and in real life did not find the heartbeat with mine or their Doppler until 11 weeks at earliest but easier at 14 weeks.

With my dd I could not hear her HB until 13 weeks. My GP tried at 10 week and couldn't find it.
Turned out I had an anterior placenta, so there was no chance would have found it so early on. Even later in the pregnancy the I felt a lot less movement than others with a posterior placenta did. Try not to worry.

I just ordered a Doppler and was debating on it because of stressing out. I know if I bought it earlier I would have stressed myself out. But I had an appointment at 11weeks and the nurse couldn't find the heartbeat and another nurse came in and searched for a good 5 minutes and then found it. At that time the baby is still SOOO small so it makes sense that it would take some searching and close listening. Also, the baby is often lower down than we think. From what I've read, the uterus doesn't even go above the bone until about 12 weeks. Also, as other posters have said, with twins, you had twice the chance of finding a heartbeat. Your uterus also likely grew a lot faster with twins. I freaked myself out before my first scan and saw a perfectly healthy baby and then again at 11 weeks. I still have my moments when I freak out, but I just try to remind myself that both of those times, I saw a perfectly healthy baby. I know 3 days seems like an eternity when worrying, but hopefully the scan will give you some peace!

I honestly wouldn't be too worried, you are still early! It can be very hard finding their heartbeats by doppler this early. I would give your OB a ring and see if they will get you in. I've only heard one of mine that early. :hugs:

I remember last time with my DS the MW struggled to find the HB at 24 weeks and it turned out even then he was little enough to hide (and was busy playing with his toes instead)

I'm nearly 13 weeks and can't find anything on the doppler yet. I'm not stressing too much because i know I might be doing it wrong or the baby could just be in an awkward position or I could have an anterior placenta again like last time which could be in the way.

Try not to worry, when I was pregnant last time I had trouble finding it reliably until about 20 weeks

Thank you for all your kind words. I'm trying my best not to stress out. I think having a stillbirth last year makes me even more paranoid. We will see what happens on Tuesday. Still gonna try and find it though :)

I couldnt find mine last week. I had to press down a little and could still only just hear the hb (very lightly) even with earphones in. Don't stress :hug: your little bean is bouncing around everywhere in your womb x

Just thought I'd update. Went for my scan today and unfortunately baby stopped developing over a week ago. I've got to go back to the epac tomorrow and book in for an operation ASAP. Thank you for all your kind words and support but after this loss and the loss of my son last year we've decided that that is enough heartbreak we can take. I wish you all happy and healthy 9 months

Oh no :( I'm devastated for you. :hugs: Good luck in everything you do Love.

So sorry to hear your news :( Sending lots of hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->