Can't get into it at all - help!

Discussion in 'Dieting, Weight Loss & Fitness' started by 2nd time mum, Jan 27, 2011.

1. 2nd time mum

2nd time mum Well-Known Member

I was overweight before I was pregnant and then had baby and one thing after another just didn't diet and next thing I know my weight is up over 15 stone. I then joined weight watchers and managed to lose 35lbs and felt good about myself. I was going on holiday and couldn't believe I was back to being as overweight as I was before I had the baby!

Anyway since then I can't get back into diet mode. Me and OH not getting on at all and I think I am totally comfort eating tbh. I need help to get back on track but don't know what to do. It is almost like I want to diet but not stop eating. Is this normal? I've still got 35 lbs to lose. Any help or advice much appreciated x

2. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

I think your best bet is to not think of it as diet mode but as a life-long plan. WW worked for you before and it's a long-term solution, perhaps you should rejoin!

3. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

To me, your habits needs changing.
    You dont need to go on a diet.

Just do things 1 at a time & slowly if you have to.
    These changes will last a life time.

4. 2nd time mum

2nd time mum Well-Known Member

I've woke up being a bit more positive today and decided because I still have so much weight to lose that I have to change my lifestyle altogether. Saying a diet may put me off so I am eating healthier and have decided not to be a slave the scales by going on all the time. I was thinking about maybe going on them once a month to see if it works!

Thanx ladies

5. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

If need any more pointers got some tips on 1st page of my journal :)