Can't get rid of the baby belly!

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
When I was pregnant I was lucky enough to only really put weight on my tummy... Well I say lucky but I was carrying too much fluid (Polyhydramnios) and had gestational diabetes so I was absolutely huge.

I was about 9 stone pre-pregnancy, went to over 12 stone during pregnancy and now I weigh just over 10 stone. My actual weight doesn't bother me, it's the fact that none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit properly anymore and I've got a big belly over hang. My mum and husband say I look fine but I really don't feel it.

I've cut back eating fatty foods and am eating healthy and drinking plenty water, I walk as much as I can and plan to do sit-ups as soon as my coccyx is fixed (fractured it giving birth)

Has anyone got any other tips for getting rid of the baby belly? I don't expect it to be perfectly flat but to get rid of the belly over hang would be brill!

You'll get there hun- I remember carrying around some extra lbs after my LO- and it really bothered me the most in my tummy, I was still wearing my maternity pants when I went back to work at 3.5mos! As I just wasn't comfy with my pooch hanging out-- I'd kinda just cut myself a break (at first) since LO was born in Oct- and with the holidays and cold climate, and c-section recovery-- it was hard to be motivated much- other than some walks and mild gym workout. But once Jan hit- I was "all in"... I started doing more weights- and slowly working up my cardio while listening to my body... and actually, once I started watching my foods and excercising more regularly again I lost the rest of the baby weight pretty quick. Then I decided to keep going for it and lose another 10lbs I'd been carrying around for years- so I starting using the loseit app. To track my calories and excercise. It worked great!

My belly has never been "flat"- but it looks even better now than it did pre-baby tbh. I take a lot of classes at the gym now- some power classes with weights, plus step and Zumba for cardio. I did a lot of walking with my LO that first summer after she was born- walking around hilly area's etc... but winter months are tough here, so the gym is a must!

You got this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->