Can't imagine falling pregnant

Luna

Mum of two
Reaction score
Hubby and i have been TTC for 3 months. Testing in 7 days (have 31-32 day cycles) but in all honesty cannot imagine actually having a positive test. Genuinely believe i won't fall pregnant. There is no physical reason i know of but i just can't imagine being lucky enough. Actually feel sad reading some of the BFP anouncements...

Im kind of like that too, in the whole 7yrs ive been with my oh, ive never not once even had a "scare" not even when i was younger, so now we're properly trying and im on my 3rd cycle im worrying as ive always had a niggly thing like, what if i cant have kids or something, what would i do? and now its coming up to the end of the 3rd cycle i know if it goes on it will eat me up some more.

I get that feeling as well. It's a horrible feeling. I just can't imagine how I go from not being pregnant to actually being pregnant. It just seems like a bit of a mad concept sometimes! Still fingers crossed we all get our :bfp: really soon :dust:

I work in healthcare and see a lot of girls getting pregnant at the drop of a hat. Strangely makes me worry (stupidly) why i didn't conceive in the last 3 months. Honestly, this whole process could get you down. On the other hand, i find the whole thought of a baby scary. Do we ever feel 100% ready????

This will be my 8th month trying and honestly I feel like it is less likely to happen now then I ever have in the last 8 months. :( I think its normal for women ttc their first baby to feel this way though.

You all are right. It's so hard to remain positive when everywhere we turn someone is sporting a belly. Our days will all come, we just have to keep the faith. Some days will be better than others, but never lose hope. It's when we least expect it that our dreams are realized. It took me about three years to get preggers with my 4-yr-old. The most logical, yet seemingly unfair statement is the truest: It's all in God's timing not ours. Someone once said that we have low times so when we get to the high times we'll never forget them. Meaning, we'll appreciate our joys and never take them for granted because we know what sadness and heartless feels like. Times like these build our faith, strength, and even our courage-as it takes courage to try month after month knowing that there's the possibility of disappointment.
Easier said than done, but hang in there. Our blessing, our miracle, our thing most hoped for is coming.:hugs:
Patience is a virtue, man that's an understatement!

:hug:

On the other hand, i find the whole thought of a baby scary. Do we ever feel 100% ready????

God i know i don't. It terrafies me, but i still want one and i think that's all that matters.

So glad there are others that feel the same way as me....at least now I know my feelings are not unusual......

Thanks everyone for making me feel normal!!

:hug:

I was the same, but I fell pregnant! I think it's just natural.

But my problem was when I was pregnant, I just couldn't imagine having that baby and I didn't as I miscarried but, again, I think that's just normal. I remember over in 1st tri that loads of girls were saying they didn't feel pregnant and couldn't imagine having the baby. I think it's just when you want something so much, you just can't believe that it will ever happen but it will xxx

sweetie i know how u feel, me n dave have been trying for over a year n a bit but we had to stop trying for 7months cuz i broke my ankle really bad n needed surgery, somedays i feel like i get symptoms but i know they are af symptoms as well, i think the 2ww is the hardest cuz our fate is decided at the end of it n since weve been trying everyone i know is pregnant ppl who werent even trying, sorry for rambling on, xx

I think it just a very common fear in women TTC, and by no means a premonition. Try to push this thought out of your mind because the only problem it could cause could be anxiety of not getting pregnant which sometimes does have a part in not be able to TTC.

I felt just like that this cycle - even though I have my DS I had convinced myself that something would have changed and i would never get my bfp! I was so bummed this cycle so down and depressed at the thought of no bfp ever! but strangely I got my bfp and really didn't expect to - I had planned next cycle and everything, ordered pre-seed for next cycle on 10dpo and got my positive on 11dpo!

you just never know - i know it's hard I was just going through it, but hang in there it will happen!
Good luck, it's still early this cycle!

i know how you feel also, i think its a fear for everyone ttc, i dream of getting that bfp but im not a very lucky person so feel i ll never get one.

I thought I was the only one! I really want to see those two pink lines on a test but I can't actually SEE it happening! I should imagine it must be quite a strange feeling and I'm really looking forward to it! Don't worry about anything babe. Sure everything is fine and fx'd it won't be long before you get the BFP to prove it!! xxxxx

Im sorry you feel so down.Please try and feel positive last year i got :bfp: the 1st month of trying but had a mmc at 11weeks then it took me 9months of ttc again before i got a :bfp: again but lost it at 5 weeks then this time it took me 2 months ttc and now im 11 weeks. It is so wierd how one month you can just get caught then the other it can take a few more months.

:dust::dust:

I cant ever imagine falling pregnant.
I dont think im fertile.
I am extremely upset and depressed about it all.
I speak to my doctors about it and they say "oh it will happen", Its been 11 months ttc and nothing :(

Thanks everyone. I guess it will happen if it is going to and meant to. All the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->