Can't remember if I took my thyroid medication

Eziana

Reaction score
I take 112 mcgs of thyroid medication and today I can't for the life of me remember if I took my pill or not. Do you guys think I should take one and risk taking a double dose, or should I not take it and risk skipping my dose all together. I'm currently 17 wks if it even matters. Also, I think it's worth noting that I recently had my thyroid tested, so there's a chance my dosage will be increased anyway.

Thanks ahead of time!

What did you end up doing? I'm also hypothyroid but I take 175 currently. I'd probably take it just to be sure. Do you have a pill box? I bought mine at Walmart and I place a pill for each day of the week, place the pillbox next to my bedside with a bottle of water and take it upon waking! Haven't had a problem since! GL!

I ended up not taking another one. I just wasn't sure what to do. My mom is going to the pharmacy tomorrow to pick up meds for my sister. She said she'd ask the pharmacist what he thinks. The thing is I've been taking it for almost 16 years so it's a habit. I can totally see myself taking it and forgetting that I took it like 30 seconds later just because it's so automatic. It sounds silly, but normally I'll literally say outloud. "You have taken your thyroid pill," after I've taken it. It's good idea about the pill box though. I have one. Maybe I should start using it!

I'd call my advice line since it's 24/7. If unsure, I ask what's worse: missing a day or overdosing? I'm not familiar with this, but I do forget if I have taken my prenatal that day lol and that's what I ask myself

I too have taken it for 16 years! I was 15 when I was first diagnosed and now I'm 31! I can totally relate to forgetting since it's a habit which is why I have my pill box. Now I simply look on the day it is S, M, T, W, Th, F, S, and if it's not there well I took it! Takes the did I take it today to a more accurate answer! As soon as I take the last one, I re-fill my pill box right then and there! Try it! I promise it'll bring security and peace to that age old question!

It is VERY bad to overdose on it. It's much safer to just skip it and move on. I miss mine probably once a month, without fail when I'm pregnant. Just the brain fog. It'll be just fine. Missing it once won't mess up your levels.

I ended up not taking another one. My mom was at the drugstore to get a prescription for my sister and the pharmacist said it's better just to skip it. He said missing one isn't a big deal, but that I shouldn't make it a habit!

My memory has been shocking this pregnancy to remember to take it 😩

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->