Can't shake the feeling something is wrong..

tiffanyleigh

Reaction score
By my calculations I am 7 weeks 2 days as of today, but I had an ultrasound this morning that was dated at 8 weeks 3 days, but the report did say plus or minus 5 days so mine could still be right technically.

My issue is that ever since I found out I was pregnant which was March 18th I have not "felt" right about it. I had hcg levels drawn on March 23rd which were 20,500, then on April 6th I had them drawn again because I had some bleeding and cramping and they were at 134,000, went to the ER yesterday and they had only gone up to 145,000 in 3 days. I know that once they reach a certain point they don't double as often but it still worries me.

They were concerned about ectopic as my pain is mainly on the left side and my bleeding has been brownish in color and other things, but that was ruled out today with the ultrasound which showed a single intrauterine pregnancy with a heartbeat of 168 bpm. It also showed some ovarian cysts on my left ovary which I am thinking is the pain I have been experiencing but then I'm not totally sure.

I have an OB appointment Monday afternoon which I hope will alleviate some of my worries, but even though everything SEEMS normal, I just can't shake this feeling that something is just not right! Nothing about this pregnancy feels the same as my first (I have a 4 year old daughter already). I have zero pregnancy symptoms other than my positive tests too.

Anyone else experience this? I know I can't really quantify a feeling to a healthcare professional and basically everything on paper seems normal it just doesn't feel right..

I sometimes have that feeling myself, but each time i have an appt or i use my doppler i feel better. I myself dont have many symptoms, so sometimes i often wonder is baby really ok. And everytime baby is just fine. Each pregnancy is different, so maybe to you you thought it would feel the same as before. And now that its not the same it doesnt feel right.

Honestly, I felt this way when I was pregnant with my DS. I also had severe pain (on my right) caused by a corpus luteum cyst, and thought it was ectopic until I saw the sac where it was supposed to be on a scan. Even after that, I kept feeling like something was wrong up until he was born. I think sometimes we read too much into our "gut feelings," when really we should be paying more attention to, as you put it, the way it looks on paper. I also never had a lot of symptoms. Weirdly, I don't feel the same negativity towards my current pregnancy.

I'm feeling kind of like you. I had a MMC last summer that completely shocked and devastated us. With this pregnancy - I worry every single day. I have weekly scans, and I feel great about it after seeing heartbeat, but after 2-3 days then I feel so negative again and I worry. Cant wait to just be out of the 1st trimester (hopefully I make it). Hugs Xx

With any of my lost pregnancies, baby always measured small at scans. With this pregnancy and my daughter they both measured correctly or ahead. Your pregnancy sounds textbook perfect. You're probably paranoid because there forums are jam packed with sad endings x

I've felt like that this pregnancy. I have had an ectopic before and I think that contributes to my fear. With my son I had every symptom going and the worst morning sickness. But this pregnancy all I have is tender bbs, and sore back (but I quite often have a sore back), and a wee bit hungrier than normal. I Was so worried it would be a blighted ovum, but had a scan today and all was well! Still anxious I guess and will remai that way till I feel movement but so far so good xxx

Thank you all for your replies. Perhaps since this pregnancy was a complete surprise, as I was on birth control when it happened, that's why I don't feel the way I did with my first child (she was planned). I'm hoping after my first OB appointment on Monday that I will feel more at ease about this pregnancy. Good luck to all of you as well!

I'm feeling kind of like you. I had a MMC last summer that completely shocked and devastated us. With this pregnancy - I worry every single day. I have weekly scans, and I feel great about it after seeing heartbeat, but after 2-3 days then I feel so negative again and I worry. Cant wait to just be out of the 1st trimester (hopefully I make it). Hugs Xx

This helps me so much to hear. I had a miscarriage in January and I'm so lucky to be pregnant again but I just feel like it's doomed (even though so far so good). It's so nice to hear others say the same, I want so badly to be positive because I was absolutely positive last time. Wish all of you a happy and healthy pregnancy. :hugs::hugs::hugs::flower::flower::flower:

I feel exactly the same, I really can't shift the feeling that something is wrong and I don't think I'll be able to settle until I have my 12 week scan and that's not for another 5 weeks :( xx

I had my scan today and all is well. I feel a little better now - but I'm sure after a few more days, I'll be back to being worried as ever. Next weeks scan will be at the same point we lost our last little one, so it's a very nerve wracking time. :(

good luck on your next scan! i hope everything turns out completely fine this time :)

I feel exactly the same, I really can't shift the feeling that something is wrong and I don't think I'll be able to settle until I have my 12 week scan and that's not for another 5 weeks :( xx

I know what you mean! I had my first OB appointment today and I won't see her again for another month which will be 12 weeks, but I may not get another scan until 16-18 weeks unless it's an emergency. I hope you can get some peace of mind and I hope everything goes well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->