Can't shake this feeling....

adr75050

Reaction score
of anxiety over my 9 week scan on Tuesday. I have been anxiously awaiting this day since my 6 week scan at my fertility clinic. If all is well at this appointment, I think I will be referred back to an OBGYN. I have heard all these horrible stories of sacs with no baby and worried like a nut until my 6 week appt. Now I am doing the same after hearing and reading so many woman's experiences online about how their baby quit growing or no heart beat was detected. Im terrified to discover such news, and can't get to the clinic fast enough. It took me three years and 5 IVF to get pregnant and I just couldn't handle anything else going wrong. I just need to rush the time until Tuesday's appt so I can be reassured. Just needed a place to post my thoughts and get it out of my head. Im praying every night that all goes well. Anyone else feel like this, it helps me to know I am not alone and reassuring to hear from others who's stories and experiences ended positively.

When I was pregnant, I had an initial scan (because I had pain in my side and thought it could be ectopic) at 6 weeks where a fetal pole and heartbeat were detected. I then had an official "dating scan" scheduled for 9 weeks. In the time in between those scans, I pretty much did nothing but worry about MMC. I seriously drove myself CRAZY. But it was all for nothing, as when the 9 week scan rolled around, we saw a happy, healthy little fetus in there kicking around already! (Of course, it didn't stop me from worrying like crazy before the 20 week scan either... :dohh: )

When we first saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks, by doctor told us that most of the time once a healthy heartbeat has been seen, the baby sticks around. Hope that helps! :) H & H 9 months to you!

Thank you Justplay91, that is exactly the kind of feedback and support I need!!

You're welcome! Pregnancy can be a worrisome time. Let me know if you have any other questions or anything. I'm still pretty fresh out of my first pregnancy, so I remember everything pretty clearly!

After trying so long and hard for a baby it must be a really anxious time. I guess there's not a great deal that you can do but try and keep yourself busy with nice activities until the next scan. :) I know 4 mums with children the same age as mine who conceived through IVF and I know how important it was for them to have a successful pregnancy after all they had been through. And they all have beautiful toddlers now! Good luck for your scan. :)

Thank you, one more day until I find out! i cant wait to make sure everything is okay tomorrow. Im going with my mom to the scan as my husband is working out of town so he will be there via FaceTime. So glad my Mom can come with me because good or bad news I dont want to be alone. I hope I can sleep tonight and not be consumed with useless worry.

I feel you. My first scan is Wednesday. It has been getting easier every day, knowing that I am one day closer to seeing what's going on. I didn't have a 6 week scan though, so I literally have no idea what, if anything, is going on in there.

Just remember that when you read negative stories, that those women are not you. Although statistics apply to all of us generally, you are an individual who has her own path.

Feeling exactly the same, I still have 6 weeks to wait for a scan and its making me really anxious. I want to go and pay for a scan but OH won't let me as he think's I need to stop worrying...

I feel you. My first scan is Wednesday. It has been getting easier every day, knowing that I am one day closer to seeing what's going on. I didn't have a 6 week scan though, so I literally have no idea what, if anything, is going on in there.

Just remember that when you read negative stories, that those women are not you. Although statistics apply to all of us generally, you are an individual who has her own path.

This is my biggest fear. What, if anything is going on in there... i worry there's no baby or I'll find out at my first US that it stopped developing or something crazy like that.... I lose so much sleep over it, it's ridiculous....

One of my mom's best friends daughters just got her bfp after ivf as well. We've been giving each other advice and support through our mom's for quite a while now. She'd been trying for over 10 years and it finally happened for them.

Anyways, we didn't go through ivf, but did try for 4 years before achieving a healthy pregnancy. Honestly, you need to stop looking at Google, it's your worst enemy right now. You just need to stay positive for your little peanut. Did you hear the heartbeat at your 6 week scan? Like a pp said, after a good heartbeat is detected the chances of baby surviving are good, and each day after your chances of miscarriage go down. You'll never stop worrying, you'll always check for blood when you wipe (I still do at 32 weeks) and you'll be able to look forward to that precious little peanut you'll be meeting in about 8 months.
Download a pregnancy app, start a scrapbook and/or journal, and enjoy your time. I'll take screenshots of things on my app I think dh would like and send them to him. Usually just the weekly update, but sometimes more, and he loves it. I've also searched etsy and found some pretty awesome things from a personalized TX Rangers onesie that daddy can be proud of to a picture that says "I never knew how much I loved your daddy until I saw how much he loved you"

Sorry some of that was a little off topic, was just trying to give you some ideas of what helped me get through the first weeks. I also bought a doppler. Didn't use it religiously, but on days I worried I would but it out and have a quick listen.

Oh, and CONGRATS!

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. Im headed to my appt and will definitely report back how everything goes. Glad to know others are going through or experiencing similar, or have gone through this before. Makes me feel a little less like a hypochondriac. lol!

Sorry it took so long for me to post back, my internet went out. Had my scan today and all is well. What a relief!! Baby actually looked like a baby this time instead of a smudge. My husband watched via Facetime from work in Houston and we could make out head, arms, and legs, along with umbilical cord. Honestly, the coolest most amazing thing I have ever experienced!! So in love all ready!! We got a 3d image too, where we can actually make out babies facial features. So crazy and exciting! I feel so blessed! I have to report to the fertility doctor one last time tomorrow for a progesterone test to see if I am making my own progesterone now rather then the injections I have been giving myself. But as of tomorrow, I am officially released to an OB/GYN like every other normal pregnant woman!! Yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->