cant stop itching

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
is it normal or not?

my back and legs are so itchy and my feet are so achy its untrue :(

I have heard this is a potential side effect of pregnancy. The only thing Ive had itch is my belly!! Which is super itchy all the time - I think it is because of the stretching though!. Wish I had some advice on how to make it better but I suppose its just another "beautiful" part of being Prego :thumbup:

The back of my thighs are itchy. :(

I have heard this is a potential side effect of pregnancy. The only thing Ive had itch is my belly!! Which is super itchy all the time - I think it is because of the stretching though!. Wish I had some advice on how to make it better but I suppose its just another "beautiful" part of being Prego :thumbup:

Lotion will soothe an itching belly!

Hey i am not sure but I think you should just check with your midwife/doc if you are really itchy.

i have an itchy belly like crazy but it's the only part that is itchy and I think that is due to the stretching. I think there are some other things that can cause itching elsewhere so always best to have a quick check

Def need to mention it to mw hon. Theres a small chance it could be a preg complication called obstetric cholestasis - check out the sticky. I have been reading it as I am super itchy too!

Whats the sticky?

Ive got my appointment on Thursday, hope everything is ok :(

I would check it out, I know an itchy belly is normal but you should contact a midwife when it's itchy elsewhere as it can Obstetric Cholestasis. Other symptoms with the itching is tiredness and feeling hot. I would defo get checked out.

Ive had them symptoms too, what is it hun? Im too scared to look on google x

I know mild itching is common but it's worth getting it checked just in case, they check via a blood test. Think they just put you under extra observation if it turns out to be that. It's to do with the liver and can be caused with the extra hormones in your body. Anything I have read said it's not usually serious just distressing, so I would just mention it to your midwife, make sure and tell them that your feet are itchy. Think Obstetric Cholestasis makes your hands and feet itch. That said though it could just be one of those lovely pregnancy things safer to mention it and put your mind at rest. Keep us updated xx

sticky is the thing at the top of the section of the forum. Itchy feet and hands are def a sign of something... worth getting checked out methinks.

There was a post on this a few days ago, and this kinda made me sit up and take notice of how itchy I am. Could be normal, but could be cholestasis, which is something to do with the break down of bile in the liver. If you have it, you need to be monitored carefully, although your liver will go back to normal once you give birth and its really highly debated whether it actually poses any risks to baby at all.

However, better to be safe than sorry. I made an appointment and I'm seeing a consultant on Tuesday about it.

I've also heard the extra oestrogen produced in pregnancy can cause a lot of itching, so chances are its just a pregnancy thing. Cholestasis is very rare! My siser had it though and chances are 12 times higher of you getting it if a female relation had it. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->