• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cant stop thinking about it!

callymel

Reaction score
I was told at my 20 week scan its a boy,but all of a sudden I've been worrying what if she was wrong? I can't really remember the scan,I was just so relieved that the baby was ok.I did see something inbetween the legs but could that have been the nub? My oh is positive its a boy,too. The site won't let me upload a pic of the scan :s Tia xx

oh sweets i had the same freak out a few weeks ago hahah....

i happened to be at a baby expo and had a 10 min 3d scan done and yep... def a big set of boy bits lol....

its harder to mess up telling u its a boy coz they seen bits where as if they said girl they may have missed bits ... and its easier to miss bits than think u saw em if that makes sense...

i'm sure u have a gorgeous little man in there :)

Most of the time they are right... Not sure how far along u are but if there is still time u could book a private scan to put your mind at ease :)

Hi ladies,I'm glad I'm not the only one then lol! Yeah I know what you mean,but I'd feel so guilty (and robbed) if I end up having a girl and didn't get any pink stuff.I'm really hoping it is a boy though lol.it definitely wasn't the cord because it came to a stop. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow xx

Same niggling worries here but as the others have said messing up a boy is harder. I hope anyway as we have a huge amount of boy stuff for our little man. :)

The "nub" doesn't exist on girls at the 20 week scan anymore. My daughter had absolutely nothing between her legs x

Well I'm glad its not just me :) oh really? I didn't know that,very helpful thanks! Well I supposeill just have to wait,10 weeks isn't that long anyway right :) que sera sera! Thanks for all the help xxx

Have a look in your notes I only realised the other day but on the notes from my 20 weeks scan it actually says sex: female genitalila (excuse my crap spelling) xxx

This happened to me even though i've been told by 3 different people! We've bought so much and everyone knows we're team blue so i worried 'what if a girl comes out'!

We paid for a private gender scan at 16w2d and i didn't look as hubbie found out and surprised me 10 days later at Xmas :) Therefore as i didn't see with my own eyes i worried it wasn't true, even though i saw the piccies (defo boy bits!). Then at 20wks scan lady says do you know what your having, we said a boy and she said yeah but that was it. Then 2wks ago at my GD growth scan the OB asked if we knew what having, i said boy and he said yip definate boy bits there so thats put my mind at ease :)! Good luck, i'm sure you have a little boy in there :):) xx

Can you book a private scan to confirm gender? I was told boy at my 18 week scan with #2. A few weeks later at a private scan she was confirmed a girl!!! Although at 20 weeks along things are much more clearer. This time at 20 weeks there was no denying it was a boy!!!

I wouldn't worry too much, gender prediction by scan is 95% accurate (according to my notes) and when they do get it wrong its usually when they say girl but its actually a boy. It's easier to miss a penis than mistake girl bits for boy bits!

Thanks all! A private scan would be amazing but in all honesty just can't afford to spend that much as we get no benefits etc and I'm not working at the mo.so all our money has to go on the mortgage,which obviously,is more important but still,would be nice to have one lol.I can't see anything on my notes about it being a boy or a girl :s yeah I'm hoping he's definitely a boy hehe thanks for all the advice >.< xx

I was told from my friend (a midwife that works in the hospital) that if during the scan they are not sure, they will usually say (so much%) of a boy/girl, but when they tell you outright they are pretty sure.

I went for my growth scan on Weds, and it was a different nurse from my 20 weeks scan- and she said "she" won't be long til she is here- so i am certain they have it right lol...

otherwise my little one will have no name (always thought she was a girl so never had a boy's name anyway) and better like pink! lol...

I have however kept the tags on a lot of clothes- except for what ive washed for the initial few days JUST IN CASE LOL :haha:

I've been worrying about this too, I have bonded with our little girl and can only imagine her being a girl now, I can almost imagine what she will look like. If it turns out a boy I will be shocked. Like ChelliBelle though I'm going to leave tags on what I can just in case as I've spent a serious amount of money on girly dresses and pink babygrows eeek, better be a girl!!

I feel the same way. I can't imagine how I'd feel if he came out a girl. I've bonded to my baby as a little boy. His room is all boy, his clothes, the connection I have with him. I have an ultrasound picture of his bits, but I still get worried it's not actually his bit but something else! DH always reassures me he's all boy lol. Here is the pic: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/Bryanna666/photo-2_zps104537d0.jpg

I think its pretty normal to second guess at this point :) with my DD, I started having dreams she came out a boy and I was in tears because I only had girls clothes to dress him in and everyone kept calling him "her". This time around im due a boy, and just have to keep reminding myself that three people other than me have witnessed a live ultrasound with boy bits and im going to drive myself crazy for the next 10 weeks if I don't put it out of my mind lol

Thing is,I can't even look at the scan pic for reassurance cause the baby was laying face down :/ and the woman didn't give us a shot of his boy bits :( xx

Even that doesn't work for me lol I have live video feed on CD and I just think "but what if....." and now (even though I already had an anaomoly scan) I wonder if he has all his parts, or what if somethings wrong, ect ; unfortunately, I think birth is the only cure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->