Can't wait for 1st tri to be over, anyone else?

Kern

Reaction score
I feel like there's so much risk in the first tri. So many tests, and you can't even find a heartbeat until the 8wk scan. The chromosome tests. The wondering if you're going to wake up to blood the next morning... The secrets until everything is "safe"! The ms, the cramping, the boobs hurting lol. Just so much uncertainty in these first few weeks, ahhhhh how can we deal? :haha: am I alone in this?

I'm not as nervous this time around but the first trimester is still so awful. I feel like I'm battling a terminal illness. It's so bad

Take comfort in getting a scan at 8 weeks. Gotta wait until 12 weeks in the UK! But then swings and roundabouts I suppose as the health service here is free.. :-/

Yes! Caywait to feel better and be able to tell everyone

Yes!! I can't wait for the nausea and fatigue to end. It's crazy that such a tiny little thing can make us SO SICK.

Everyday feels like months, I just want first tri to be over so I know my little one is ok!

Completely agree. I will feel so much better after the scan and, better still, when I can feel the baby kick so I know everything's ok. Plus being able to tell everyone will be such a relief; I hate having to keep things quiet.

I feel like there's so much risk in the first tri. So many tests, and you can't even find a heartbeat until the 8wk scan. The chromosome tests. The wondering if you're going to wake up to blood the next morning... The secrets until everything is "safe"! The ms, the cramping, the boobs hurting lol. Just so much uncertainty in these first few weeks, ahhhhh how can we deal? :haha: am I alone in this?

I looked at your ticker and realized we are EXACTLY the same. My EDD is June 7 and I am also 4 weeks, 5 days. How cool! We are twins.:happydance:

Totally with you! I think because I have heard and know so many women who have had miscarriages I'm hyper nervous about it. It's my second and I just want to get to the 9 week scan where I can see the baby and hear the heartbeat and feel more comfortable telling people! It's so hard to be so so so excited but feel like I can't share the news with the world.

I looked at your ticker and realized we are EXACTLY the same. My EDD is June 7 and I am also 4 weeks, 5 days. How cool! We are twins.:happydance:

Haha! Hey cycle buddy! Congrats! June babies here we come!! :happydance:

Totally with you! I think because I have heard and know so many women who have had miscarriages I'm hyper nervous about it. It's my second and I just want to get to the 9 week scan where I can see the baby and hear the heartbeat and feel more comfortable telling people! It's so hard to be so so so excited but feel like I can't share the news with the world.

I knowwww. I've had one miscarriage at 6 weeks and a chemical at 4w3d and they are terrible! I just want to know that my little bean is ok and enjoy the rest of the journey!

Hey I am same EDD as some of you ladies! This is my first pregnancy and I am super nervous. I am already prone to anxiety so this is a great thing for my worried brain to latch onto. I totally went and bought two more dollar tests to take today...I don't know why, I just wanted to see the line come up. I hadn't for over a week and it just seems like it's not real otherwise. My boobs hurt and I have terrible exhaustion, but no morning sickness yet. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like it's actually happening. I have my first appointment at 5+6 next Tuesday. Wish it was sooner.

I tried to tell my brother on FaceTime today but couldn't get myself to...I don't know why, I just feel so strange telling anyone except those few I told we were trying. My mom and two girlfriends know and that's it. I don't even know when I'll tell work...I keep feeling like I never want to tell them. Is that weird? I know I have to, but I may not until before I leave for Christmas break at 12 weeks unless I start to show before then.

Anhhhhh congrats! I know that anxious feeling all too well. I feel like first tri flew by last pregnancy. Seems so slow this time :haha: excited we have the same due date too! We didn't really feel comfortable telling anyone until we heard the heartbeat. Once there's a heartbeat the risk of miscarriage drastically reduces, so we felt good about it then. You know? I definitely enjoyed my pregnancy so much more after the first tri, all the exciting stuff happens then! :hugs:

When did you get to hear the heartbeat? It's incredible to think it's already beating! I can't wait till my first scan to really see something growing inside me. Hoping they will give me a definite timeline next week.

When did you get to hear the heartbeat? It's incredible to think it's already beating! I can't wait till my first scan to really see something growing inside me. Hoping they will give me a definite timeline next week.

With my son we didn't hear the heartbeat until the 7wk scan, this time it will be at 8 wks, we have our first appointment set for 10/26, it's taking forever! According to my pregnancy app my babies heartbeat will start beating on my sons birthday. How cool is tha?? :happydance::cloud9:

Hey I am same EDD as some of you ladies! This is my first pregnancy and I am super nervous. I am already prone to anxiety so this is a great thing for my worried brain to latch onto. I totally went and bought two more dollar tests to take today...I don't know why, I just wanted to see the line come up. I hadn't for over a week and it just seems like it's not real otherwise. My boobs hurt and I have terrible exhaustion, but no morning sickness yet. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like it's actually happening. I have my first appointment at 5+6 next Tuesday. Wish it was sooner.

I tried to tell my brother on FaceTime today but couldn't get myself to...I don't know why, I just feel so strange telling anyone except those few I told we were trying. My mom and two girlfriends know and that's it. I don't even know when I'll tell work...I keep feeling like I never want to tell them. Is that weird? I know I have to, but I may not until before I leave for Christmas break at 12 weeks unless I start to show before then.

You just basically described me. The first pregnancy, the anxiety, the symptoms, taking tests :haha:. I have my first appointment Monday at 5 weeks 5 days but it mainly just sounds like they will be doing tests and going over everything. My ultrasound isn't until Nov 4th. We are trying to hold off on telling people until then but I'm have a really hard time keeping it a secret. I had a blood test last week Friday and my hcg was 708 so I at least know there is something there.

My EDD is June 3rd so I am pretty close to you ladies.
This first tri is horrible. I had a MC last November, and I am so scared it'll happen again. I havnt even called my dr yet.
I don't really have any symptoms, I'm pretty tired but I have a toddler so that's just kinda life. I don't remember having major symptoms with either of my other pregnancies either tho. Does anyone else feel like they don't have any symptoms? it seems like everyone except me is sick.. I don't want to be sick, but I would like the reassurance.

I had a chemical last November so I'm worried too! I've not really had too many symptoms, they could honestly be written off as life if I wasn't paying attention. The only thing I notice mostly is being really tired, I now require a nap during the day, and some cramping. I haven't really felt sick the last few days and i hope it stays that way. I get what you mean about wanting some sort of sign, it's all up in the air until we see that heartbeat and begin feeling the movements isn't it? Ugh hope you get so,e reassurance soon and not in the way of sickness! :hugs:

I have had some cramping too, I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse though. I did not have any cramping with my mc until I knew for sure what was going on.
I had forgotten how horrible the wait was, with my first pregnancy I was scared but the rest of it was so amazing that I guess I blocked out how horrible the first tri was lol.
Thanks, it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one just feeling fine. I'm not complaining! I'm thankful not to be sick! I don't know how people hide it when they are throwing up for weeks.

Haha you're right about that! I don't remember being so worried last time. I do remember crying when we saw the heartbeat for the first time. Lol. But I feel like it went by super quick. It's dragging this time! :dohh:

I can't wait till first tri is over. I've had a lot of terrible symptoms but also I decided to wait till the second tri to tell our parents and other family members. It's a hard secret to keep, especially when you feel sick all the time but cannot really give a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->