Can't work out whats wrong :(

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
This has been going on literally months now.

As most of you know Seth hasn't been putting on weight very well since I stopped breastfeeding & has gone from being on a high percentile line to 9th. He weighs 18lbs and he's 10 1/2 months :( He's still in his baby car seat.

The other thing is that his nappies have been very loose, on and off, but since he had gastroenteritis in February especially. He's not really been right since.

His appetite is very strange, he eats loads for breakfast but doesn't want much through the rest of the day. We've tried loads to try and sort that but nothing has worked. For example, yesterday -

Breakfast - boiled egg 2 slices of toast, yoghurt, banana
Milk at 11, 7oz
1/2 stage 2 jar at lunch time
1/2 banana for tea

He's also being sick as well. He was sick after his lunch yesterday, and nursery have just rang to say he's brought up his lunch again today too. He's also got very loose nappies which happen about 15 minutes after every bottle.

I just dont know what to do, I dont know whats wrong with him, but it doesn't seem right. We've been to see 3 Drs about this and all have said theres nothing wrong with him, and lactose intolerance has been ruled out too.

Does anyone have ANY clues? Im taking him back to the Docs this week and want to have a load of things to ask about.

Sorry this was so long, Im really upset.

xxx

No idea hun but :hugs: and I hope you find out what's wrong soon x

no advice or experience hon just hope you get to the bottom of it xx be persistant with the doctors and dont let them fob you off if your not happy xx

Perhaps its an intolerance of some other description ... does it happen daily?

Thanks girls :( Im just fed up of them ringing me and telling me he's poorly, I feel like they think we live in a shed or something. He was sent home last week with conjunctivitis.

xxx

Perhaps its an intolerance of some other description ... does it happen daily?

Not the sick but the diarreah. We've kept food diaries and nursery ahve doen the same, and taken them to 3 different doctors who've all said theres nothing ??? Just dont get it :cry:

xxx

Caitlyn has loose stools too. She is 18lb7oz at 10 and a half months. I keep thinking something is up too! She isn't sick, but that's the only difference. Is he alright in himself? Caitlyn seems fine. I tend to just put it all down to teething. Docs would be best hun, just know that he isn't underweight, 9th percentile means on that day, out of 100 babies weighed, he was the 9th baby. Not the first, or the second, or under any of them, the 9th! There were 8 babies smaller than him and I'm sure they're all fine!

He cries really badly before he has his loose poo like he's got tummy ache which is heartbreaking :( And it happens 15 minsish after EVERY formula feed he has. Other than that he's fine, he's a really happy baby. He's started waking at nights again too though but I don't think that has anything to do with this.

xxx

i was told my my gp that sometimes when i child has gostroenteritis then can develop a lactose intolerance as te stomach lining cant handle it or something along those lines, my friends little boy had bad tummy bug he had lactose free milk for a week and was fine afterwards

Lou
xxx

Toria - He's on cow&gate 1,2 or 3 just depends

Lolly - We read that online too and asked our Dr but he said that it would still have shown up in his stool samples because the strands of lactose wouldn't have broken down or something? Cant remember exactly what he said

xxx

Lolly - We read that online too and asked our Dr but he said that it would still have shown up in his stool samples because the strands of lactose wouldn't have broken down or something? Cant remember exactly what he said

xxx

Ask for another opinion x

Is there a baby version of IBS? perhaps he could have something like that .. but thats me really going out on a whim

Toria - Im taking him back this week and not leaving until someone takes me seriously about it Im sick of having to chase them for his results and stuff, he's a baby FFS!!! Grr.

Holly - Not sure, I thought about that or something like celiac (obvs not that coz thats gluten) but something similar. Ill look up IBS though now, thanks :)

xxx

i was told my my gp that sometimes when i child has gostroenteritis then can develop a lactose intolerance as te stomach lining cant handle it or something along those lines, my friends little boy had bad tummy bug he had lactose free milk for a week and was fine afterwards

Lou
xxx

Dec was the same but he was on lactose free milk for 4 weeks and then was back to normal. Do you know it is normal for babies/toddlers to eat more in the 1st half of the day than the second 1/2 ?? I had the same problem with Dec he would eat a lot of stuff up till about 12pm then he would trail of some days only having as much as a yoghurt and a weetibix before bed. If that is the case then you could make sure he gets the majority of his calorie intake
in the mornirng time. We still have days with Dec where he will basically have all his needs before 1pm and then just snacks after that and he is 17.5 months. And to be honest Seth is not much lighter than Dec, Dec is only 24/25lbs. I would speak to your doc but if he is happy in himself then I wouldnt worry to much, Dec was 21lbs at 12 months so in 5 months he has only gained 3-4lbs.
Try not to worry to much hun xx :hugs:

xxx

Decs stool samples where clear but the consultant said it can upset the bacteria in his tummy for a few weeks after and it would be best to steer clear for a few weeks. xx

Id really keep on at the doctors if you feel there is something not right! I hope you get it sorted soon!

sabby - thanks for that hun I didnt know, think we've decided to try him on soya milk for a bit regardless of what the Dr says.

xxx

I agree, keep at them if you know something's not right. I find sometimes that my doctor tends to just schluff off stuff that I'm concerned about with Claire. Anything that I've read (I'm not an expert mind you) said that if they're staying on their percentile or going above it is fine, but if they drop doctors should try and find out why.

:hugs: Hope you find some answers soon... this must be so stressful. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->