Car Insurance

Mammy2Joojx

Mammy To My Gorgeous Boy
Reaction score
what a bloody performance!! Seriously, how do they expect people to afforrd ridiculous prices like that?! I have been driving 2 years & i have just lost out on a years no claim due to me cancelling my insurance (sold car) so i'm now back down to 1 years no claims. Quote on a ford ka .. £1895!!! It wasn't even that much when i first past!! Anyone know any good car insurance companies or any cheap insurance group cars? Xx

Ridiculous isn't it!! I've been driving 4 years with 4 years no claim & my insurance is £1200 :growlmad: I'm with the coop at the mo, I've been with Zurich twice & found them good. A Ford ka should be cheaper seeing as there only 4 seats (I had a ka for 2&1/2 years ;)) x

One of the perks of being old is cheap car insurance - ours is around the £350 mark :)

I would shop around as much as you can - it's a major hassle but you should be able to reduce it down.

cheapest one i have found for a ford ka was 140 a month .. Again, i didn't pay that when i first pass :( i know it's gone this year but honestly, i understand why people drive without insurance!! I'd never do it myself but they know they can get away with it most of the time!

& i'm running out of places to shop around :( tried comparison websites, direct .. Nothing seems to be below the 1600 mark xx

How much have you put the excess as?? The higher the excess the cheaper the insurance. Are you looking fully comp? X

Have you done the passplus? I was complaining to my driving instructor about the stupidly high quotes I was given and he said you can get it reduced by up to 40% if you have a passplus certificate.

i was putting £100 excess hun what should i put? & believe it or not it was just third party! X

& no i didn't do the passplus hun, got told by my instructor that it was basically a waste of money as only a few insurance companies deduct a decent amount off, most just deduct £50-£70 aa year off xx

ive added my mum & dad to my insurance making it £670 a year. x

i was putting £100 excess hun what should i put? & believe it or not it was just third party! X

& no i didn't do the passplus hun, got told by my instructor that it was basically a waste of money as only a few insurance companies deduct a decent amount off, most just deduct £50-£70 aa year off xx

do a quote with passplus and see what the difference is - it might be worthwhile

ive added my mum & dad to my insurance making it £670 a year. x

can't have anyone on mine as only parent that drives has 3 points & i need to know date & amount of speeding fine :wacko: xx

If you don't do many miles it might be worth considering a company that fit a box into your cars especially for low mileage drivers.

Our quotes were ridiculous and we got a much cheaper wuote doing this. Ours is through a company called Insure The Box and they allow you to do upto 6,000 miles a year (if you do more than this I wouldn't recommend it as they charge you if you go over ie. pre pay miles)

Its the only way we could get round the stupid prices though :thumbup:

xx

tbh, i wouldn't know how many miles i do :wacko: i use it everyday for short journeys but i always used it to take jayden out so i probably used more than 6000. Saying that, if i had a box fitted, i could get bus to the shops & not use the car :) how much are the boxes hun? How much does it deduct? X x

tbh, i wouldn't know how many miles i do :wacko: i use it everyday for short journeys but i always used it to take jayden out so i probably used more than 6000. Saying that, if i had a box fitted, i could get bus to the shops & not use the car :) how much are the boxes hun? How much does it deduct? X x

You don't pay for the box, its included in the premium. They do charge £50 to have it removed though. Well the cheapest I could find insurance for me was like a £400 deposit and then about £200-250 a month. We're now paying £188 a month for both of us to be insured on it. (Its a 04 Astra) I think on my own it was £130 coz I've only had my licence 3 years but my partners had his 8 and it was £50 extra to add him on.

xx

To be honest a ka is one of the cheapest cars to insure, your bewt bet is to use compare sites for insurance, I used quidco compare this year and saver half price from what I paid last year, plus £30 cashback through quidco.

I had a ka for first 3 yrs after I past my test and the most i paid was 1400.
This year i bought a new car a ford focus c max 1.6 54 plate and my insurance was 700!! I only have 4 year no claims.

Really you shouldnt have cancelled your insurance unless it was nessasrary i always add my new car to my insurance you just have to pay a small fee unless the car is alot more on insurance then you'd pay a lot more but you dont loose your no claim for that year.

To be honest a ka is one of the cheapest cars to insure, your bewt bet is to use compare sites for insurance, I used quidco compare this year and saver half price from what I paid last year, plus £30 cashback through quidco.

This year i bought a new car a ford focus c max 1.6 54 plate and my insurance was 700!! I only have 4 year no claims.

Really you shouldnt have cancelled your insurance unless it was nessasrary i always add my new car to my insurance you just have to pay a small fee unless the car is alot more on insurance then you'd pay a lot more but you dont loose your no claim for that year.

well, obviously it was nessecary as i had sold my car & i wasn't willing to pay £118 a month for a car i didn't havee. Plus, that £118 a month what i used for insurance is the only money i had to save up for a new car so i had to no option but to cancel.

& i used gocompare.com, moneysupermarket.com & comparethemarket.com .. All gave me the same round about price on a ford ka, so definitely won't be getting one of those.

You don't pay for the box, its included in the premium. They do charge £50 to have it removed though. Well the cheapest I could find insurance for me was like a £400 deposit and then about £200-250 a month. We're now paying £188 a month for both of us to be insured on it. (Its a 04 Astra) I think on my own it was £130 coz I've only had my licence 3 years but my partners had his 8 and it was £50 extra to add him on.

xx

ooh, that's good that you don't pay for the box. Where about is it fitted? I suspect mine would be considerably more though as i haven't been driving 3 years :( but then again, i wouldn't be getting a 04 plate astra :haha: i wish i could afford one i love astras!! & my dad has been driving 35+ years so i could of added him on but he has 3 points :( xx

ive been with direct line since ive passed and have found them to be the cheepest evey time i had a renewal too ive been driving 3 years and have 3 years no claims and it is just over 600 a year you have to do your quote on their site tho as they are not on compare sites. also try fully comp and 3rd party fire and theft as my step dad works for aviva doing car insurance and fully comp can be cheeper as they think you will look after your car more then someone who just wants 3rd party

ive been with direct line since ive passed and have found them to be the cheepest evey time i had a renewal too ive been driving 3 years and have 3 years no claims and it is just over 600 a year you have to do your quote on their site tho as they are not on compare sites. also try fully comp and 3rd party fire and theft as my step dad works for aviva doing car insurance and fully comp can be cheeper as they think you will look after your car more then someone who just wants 3rd party

you're joking .. Really?! I've never even tried a quote for fully comp i always thought if 3rd party was that dear than surely fully comp would be dearer :haha: thanks for that advice, will definitely check direct line & will DEFINITELY compare 3rd party & fully comp :thumbup: x

well, obviously it was nessecary as i had sold my car & i wasn't willing to pay £118 a month for a car i didn't havee. Plus, that £118 a month what i used for insurance is the only money i had to save up for a new car so i had to no option but to cancel.

& i used gocompare.com, moneysupermarket.com & comparethemarket.com .. All gave me the same round about price on a ford ka, so definitely won't be getting one of those.

Lol ok calm down I was just saying!

Tbh as you onle have 1 years no claims it is going to be expensive as such but there are ways you can make your premium cheaper like, buying a diesel instead of petrol, also a family car sometimes is cheaper as insurance companys don't expect young cruisers to drive a diesel or a family car. Ideally you want a small engine too I wouldn't go over a 1.3 and if you can park on a driveway or garage these all affect tge price x

Yep completely agree, not many people know this but sometimes fully comp can be the cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->