Car Insurance

To be honest a ka is one of the cheapest cars to insure, your bewt bet is to use compare sites for insurance, I used quidco compare this year and saver half price from what I paid last year, plus £30 cashback through quidco.

I had a ka for first 3 yrs after I past my test and the most i paid was 1400.
This year i bought a new car a ford focus c max 1.6 54 plate and my insurance was 700!! I only have 4 year no claims.

Really you shouldnt have cancelled your insurance unless it was nessasrary i always add my new car to my insurance you just have to pay a small fee unless the car is alot more on insurance then you'd pay a lot more but you dont loose your no claim for that year.

well, obviously it was nessecary as i had sold my car & i wasn't willing to pay £118 a month for a car i didn't havee. Plus, that £118 a month what i used for insurance is the only money i had to save up for a new car so i had to no option but to cancel.

& i used gocompare.com, moneysupermarket.com & comparethemarket.com .. All gave me the same round about price on a ford ka, so definitely won't be getting one of those.

Lol ok calm down I was just saying!

Tbh as you onle have 1 years no claims it is going to be expensive as such but there are ways you can make your premium cheaper like, buying a diesel instead of petrol, also a family car sometimes is cheaper as insurance companys don't expect young cruisers to drive a diesel or a family car. Ideally you want a small engine too I wouldn't go over a 1.3 and if you can park on a driveway or garage these all affect tge price x

sorry, didn't mean that to come across rude :)

Just makes me mad that my previous car was a 1.8 & now i'm looking at smaller engines it's 400-500 dearer :( & i park it on my drive hun so already putting that in x

tbh, i wouldn't know how many miles i do :wacko: i use it everyday for short journeys but i always used it to take jayden out so i probably used more than 6000. Saying that, if i had a box fitted, i could get bus to the shops & not use the car :) how much are the boxes hun? How much does it deduct? X x

You don't pay for the box, its included in the premium. They do charge £50 to have it removed though. Well the cheapest I could find insurance for me was like a £400 deposit and then about £200-250 a month. We're now paying £188 a month for both of us to be insured on it. (Its a 04 Astra) I think on my own it was £130 coz I've only had my licence 3 years but my partners had his 8 and it was £50 extra to add him on.

xx

ooh, that's good that you don't pay for the box. Where about is it fitted? I suspect mine would be considerably more though as i haven't been driving 3 years :( but then again, i wouldn't be getting a 04 plate astra :haha: i wish i could afford one i love astras!! & my dad has been driving 35+ years so i could of added him on but he has 3 points :( xx

Its fitted in the glove box or under it. You can't see it. Yeah its also a 1.6 so I don't think it would be as high as you think, I was shocked at the price of ours with all the quotes we'd been getting.

xx

tbh, i wouldn't know how many miles i do :wacko: i use it everyday for short journeys but i always used it to take jayden out so i probably used more than 6000. Saying that, if i had a box fitted, i could get bus to the shops & not use the car :) how much are the boxes hun? How much does it deduct? X x

You don't pay for the box, its included in the premium. They do charge £50 to have it removed though. Well the cheapest I could find insurance for me was like a £400 deposit and then about £200-250 a month. We're now paying £188 a month for both of us to be insured on it. (Its a 04 Astra) I think on my own it was £130 coz I've only had my licence 3 years but my partners had his 8 and it was £50 extra to add him on.

xx

ooh, that's good that you don't pay for the box. Where about is it fitted? I suspect mine would be considerably more though as i haven't been driving 3 years :( but then again, i wouldn't be getting a 04 plate astra :haha: i wish i could afford one i love astras!! & my dad has been driving 35+ years so i could of added him on but he has 3 points :( xx

Its fitted in the glove box or under it. You can't see it. Yeah its also a 1.6 so I don't think it would be as high as you think, I was shocked at the price of ours with all the quotes we'd been getting.

xx

sounds great :) may actually look into that. I'd say i'd do about 5000 miles thinking about it, sure i could even scrape a few hundred off that if i stop being so lazy :haha: so i'll try that :) x x

xx

xx

sounds great :) may actually look into that. I'd say i'd do about 5000 miles thinking about it, sure i could even scrape a few hundred off that if i stop being so lazy :haha: so i'll try that :) x x

Yeah its good as an option anyway. Thought I'd mention it as not many people have heard of it, I know I hadn't

xx

Mine is 120 a month for a ford fiesta lol. I do about 1000 a month though. I dont mind because it makes life easier. x

Mine is 120 a month for a ford fiesta lol. I do about 1000 a month though. I dont mind because it makes life easier. x

i've just been to look at a ford fiesta :) & funnily enough i did a qquote which was also £120 a month lol only 3rd party mind but tbh i'm not fussed about the cover, more fussed about the cost :rofl: x x

My OH hasnt even passed his test yet. Its booked in June, we have a little 1.0 litre Corsa, and the insurence on that is £75 a month! :)

My OH hasnt even passed his test yet. Its booked in June, we have a little 1.0 litre Corsa, and the insurence on that is £75 a month! :)

omg who's that with?! How many miles do you do a year? X x

I think it was with Marks and Spencer insurance. I just went on compare the market and did a quote. That was with 100 volentary excess. Fully comp. And he has no no claims obviously. Down payment of 189. He's 24 this year so dont know if that counts as anything. If you want I'll give you the registration and you should do a quote for you. See how much it is. If its low maybe you should look out for a corsa.

I put less that 5000. Probably be about 3000 I should think. X

I think it was with Marks and Spencer insurance. I just went on compare the market and did a quote. That was with 100 volentary excess. Fully comp. And he has no no claims obviously. Down payment of 189. He's 24 this year so dont know if that counts as anything. If you want I'll give you the registration and you should do a quote for you. See how much it is. If its low maybe you should look out for a corsa.

If he's 24 then that's what the main difference is as once you are over 21 it goes down quite a bit.

I'd maybe look at something other than a KA as they can be perceived as a high risk car.
Also do a quote with your dad on it , even with the points it might well be cheaper.

If he's 24 then that's what the main difference is as once you are over 21 it goes down quite a bit.

I'd maybe look at something other than a KA as they can be perceived as a high risk car.
Also do a quote with your dad on it , even with the points it might well be cheaper.

i have been driving since i was 20 & i'm 22 in 2 weeks, so it's already gone down. It doesn't go down again until 25 so i should imagine her OH is in same price bracket reguarding age .. I've actually been. Put off KA's as the back seats are so small & there's limited space, also my sisters OH is a mechanic & he says they're really common for rusting badly. X

wow that's loads! mine is only £400 for a 1.6 ford focus only had license 3 years

i have been driving since i was 20 & i'm 22 in 2 weeks, so it's already gone down. It doesn't go down again until 25 so i should imagine her OH is in same price bracket reguarding age .. I've actually been. Put off KA's as the back seats are so small & there's limited space, also my sisters OH is a mechanic & he says they're really common for rusting badly. X

Sorry - i just assumed you were younger :blush: I'd definitely look at other cars then. Maybe go for a diesel or more of a 'family' car as someone else suggested.

I got a quote of just over £400 with tesco that was on a 1.6 Vauxhall Astra with 5 years no claims xx

ETA: excess is £100 and it's fully comp.

i've found it ladies :happydance: & teal its with tesco :thumbup: fully comp, 1.8 (did my old car) & £120 a month :D which is what i paid last year but for 3rd party :wacko: so paying same price for fully comp :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->