Car seat advice (UK)

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
Anyone on here have 3 kids with a normal 5 seater family car?
I have a Hyundai i20. A new car isnt an option. I've looked into the multimac, but unsure whether the cost is worth it or if there's another cheaper solution.
When baby is born ill have a baby, a 5 year old and a 7.5 year old .. all of which will need car seats obviously.
I know ill be able to fit the baby seat with isofix and a seat for my 5 year old, but at the moment its seeming like I'm gonna have to have her just in the middle with a normal seat belt.

I've looked on the uk.gov website and it says thats legal, but I'm not really happy with it for longer journeys.
Anyone in/have been in the same position? Any advice on what car seats to buy?

In the same position as you !

When baby is born I will have a 3 year old. Who we are switching to a high back five point harness’s booster seat. A 6 year old who is currently in a high back booster seat ! And baby will be in maxi cosi cabrio fix !

We have a Ford Zetec five door ! The back seems very small for 3 car seats and I still have no idea were everyone is going to sit .

Like you I wouldn’t be happy with he kids not being in car seats either ! We are hopefully getting a new car next year but like you just not an option right now!

I’m going to try DD1 in the middle seat in her high back booster seat because I can trust her not to mess ! Then baby’s seat behind the front passenger seat and DD2s seat behind the drivers seat !

I’m hoping once DD2s Britex Excipse car seat is removed and replaced with the high back booster seat there will be more room as it’s thinner !

Im hoping mothercare will be able to give me some advice. I plan on taking the baby seat in the car and trying out seats to see what will fit.. fingers crossed something will be sorted!!

At least our kids are old enough for high back booster seats which seem to be less bulky at the base !

I’m sure we wil both figure something it it’s just a headache working it out !

If you can't fit a high back booster for the eldest using a booster without the back will still allow the seatbelt to work more effectively. Until your child is 135cm tall they can't fide without some kind of booster.

I'm with you there! My partner has a Kia ceed which is so roomy but doesn't fit all 3 seats in the back comfy, so my daughter who's 7 will have to go in the middle belted up, she's very tall for her age and I feel she will be safe, this isn't an all the time thing just if we go out as a family as my car is too small for 5 of us! I have a Suzuki swift which is my little run around, my dd sits in the front with me in her car seat and my ds who's almost 5 goes in the back in his seat, he will be in the back with the baby when baby arrives.

Our plan is for me to have my partners car as my run around, it was brand new last year from factory so im gaining a new car for sod all hahaha and hubby part ex my car for either a VW tiguan or a Passat estate, even if they give a grand for my car it's better than nothing. I need to get rid of my tiny boy racer car and get something slightly family orientated hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->