Car Seat Problem

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do about Lewis's car seat.....

At the moment he is still in his travel system car seat, which has a weight limit of 13kg. Lewis will be at that weight in about a week or 2 but he's only 7 months old. :blush:

He can sit unsupported for a long time but does eventually flop backwards. (I think he gets tired) :sleep:

I've looked at combination car seats but they are rear facing up to 13kg and then forward facing. If babies are only supposed to go in forward facing car seats after a year old what do I do now??? :hissy:

Has anyone else had the same problem or got any suggestions??

Thanks. x

I moved Colton over to a convertable seat when he was Lewis's age, and forward facing.

Alot of people might disagree, but he was about 7.5 months. Here the recommedation is 9months/20lbs; and Colton was 22lbs.

Although, the seat I bought I bought so I can use with future children too.. it's rear facing 5-35lbs, then forward facing until 40-45lbs, then converts to a booster. You might be able to look for something like that?

Thanks, I think I am going to have to have him forward facing.

I never thought about using a combi one for future children though, that's a good idea as I don't plan on keeping our travel system.

We used a combination car seat in Texas so that we could use it next year when we go down. It worked out really well. Right now we are still using the one that came with the travel system though I think it said up to 6 months :blush: She's still under the weight limit though and fits in it well. We are looking for a new one, hoping to catch a sale :lol:

IM using the same thing as Coltons mom :) max was 7 months when he first went in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->