Car seats for a tall 6 month old!

charlotteb24

Noah & William's Mummy
Reaction score
Noah is currently in a group 0+ car seat rear facing hobby which he has had from birth, but he seems to have grown out of it! He has to have his legs bent against the car seat and can't stretch out so I am looking at getting him the next one up, group 0-1.
The dilema is, is that it says from 9 months plus! It does say you can rearward face it but they have to be at least 18kg's to use it. Noah Is 18lb 5oz is that big enough?
Anyone know if it's ok to put him in the next car seaf up? Obviously I want him to be safe in the car but at the same time comfortable!

I'm not too familiar with UK seats but I know I've seen alot of ladies have this one and it's rear facing from birth to 29lbs then forward facing. I would get something like this that can keep him rear facing as long as possible

https://www.mothercare.com/Britax-F...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44451031&mcb=core

Keep him in this car seat hun! There legs being bent isn't a problem, as long as there head isn't taller then the top of the seat :)

I agree with the others, it's okay if his legs are bent. If he has to be 18kg that's like 40lbs!

Dont buy that one he is nowhere near the weight!

joshua went into a forward facing car seat a few months before he should of done but he was just too squashed in his rearward facing one.

they say dont do it until 9 months but i would go by the weight my self.

i think joshua was just under 20lbs when he went into a forward facing car seat.

yes people may say he is fine how he is but do what you think is best.
dont let others choose for you just because the books say so.

Ah right, ok! It's more that he gets irratated that he can't stretch his legs out properly. Looking into it further the seat in the small print states it's suitable from birth as a rear facing seat but is ok yo be front facing from 9 months. The other problem with the current seat is the straps are very close to not going over his shoulders properly. There are holes above the holes where the straps go in yo ajust the height but for the life of me I can't figure out how to ajust it! It looks like you can't as the clips prevent it from feeding through!

what seat do u have now?

If you look in your manual it should tell you...for rear facing they should be at or below their shoulders, forward facing they should be at or above them. Is he still in an infant seat? He might be more comfy in the next stage up because they sit up more and usually leave more room for their legs still rear facing.

i have a graco car seat and your adjust the straps from the back like you pull it out from the back where it join the bit thats you use to tighten it so the click thing never goes though the hole, ** if that made sence**

If you look in your manual it should tell you...for rear facing they should be at or below their shoulders, forward facing they should be at or above them. Is he still in an infant seat? He might be more comfy in the next stage up because they sit up more and usually leave more room for their legs still rear facing.

i agree with the next stage up seat.

joshua went from infant seat to a bigger rearward facing seat to now a forward facing seat.

how about a 0 - 1 car seat they tend to be slightly larger but can still rear face until baby is big enough for forward facing, best to keep them rear facing for as long as possible :)

i have a graco car seat and your adjust the straps from the back like you pull it out from the back where it join the bit thats you use to tighten it so the click thing never goes though the hole, ** if that made sence**

We have a Graco car seat and you can adjust the straps, you have to take the strap off the metal buckle at the back of the seat then re-thread the straps and reattach them.

I put my dd into a forward facing seat at 9 months as she was too tall for the infant carrier. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->