Car seats for prem babies

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Hi there. My baby is going to be induced at 37 weeks at the latest, maybe earlier or he might just decide to come earlier. He (or she!) is measuring small anyway. Have any of you had problems with prems and car seats? I was wondering if sometimes they're too small for them. I've got the maxi cosi.

should be fine, my second wasn't very big but was fine, they are all sort of a standard size anyway, just shorten the straps

This might be useful: https://www.babycity.co.uk/PD/baby-...vellers/Tiny-Dee/161/Navy-Tiny-Traveller.aspx

My baby was 36 +4 and we had the graco with head support, only suitable for upto 12 mths anyway

Hiya.

We have just bought a maxi cosi as our little one is finally 21 lbs at 18 months old and sitting so she can be facing forward. they must be in rear facing back seat until 20 lbs
and can sit.

She was born at 24 weeks and was 5 lbs 5 oz when she came home, so we bought a mamas and papas car seat which has been fine from then till 21 lbs. We can tell you the one if you need. Check the photos on her website in the homecoming section , she was fine in it.

Layla wasnt prem , But overdue she was a tiny 6lb , I used the Car seat that came with the Disney Hauk travel system i had she was fine with head hugger on , Allthow i found her head flooped allot more than my next bigger baby .

Good luck . x .

Most car seats have a 5 lb minimum in Canada, and that's what most car seats can accommodate.

Evie was 3lb 14oz when she came home from hospital and we have the Maxi Cosi, and it is fine for her. She looks very comfy and snug with the head hugger. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->