car seats

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi everyone,

i was planning on getting the britax first class car seat which is from birth to 4 years so we have only bought a cheap carrier car seat to come home from hospital in but we have tried the britax car seat to see if it fits in our car,which it does but not rearward facing so if we get it we cant use it until baby can go into a forward facing carseat.
so now we have a problem the carrier car seat we got just to come home from hospital in is only a really cheap one and im worried it hasnt got enough padding.
we could by another one but then we will have two carrier car seats and we cant take the one we got back to shop so im just wondering if any of you know of any shops that sell a body support that goes into car seat to give extra padding and support.
ive seen one on the mothercare website but it just looks like a head support and the car seat came with one of those.

sorry if i have ran on
but basically do any of you know where i can get a full body support that can go into a car seat.

thanks x

I'm not sure where you can find anything like extra padding to put in your carseat, but you may want to check with the manufacturer of the seat to see if they have anything. You want to be very careful that adding padding can affect the safety of the carseat, the straps might not fit properly around baby anymore.

you can get newborn inserts to go in some car seats - but i'm not sure if these offer any crash protection - it's just comfort.

I've got a concord seat and will be getting the newborn insert for when baby is small (including bring him home from hospital)

https://images.google.co.uk/imgres?...um=1&hl=en&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-14,GGLD:en&sa=N

Oh i've not actually tried it in the car yet..best do it!!
What was your issue with it rear facing?

there's lots of accessories about for car seats: https://images.google.co.uk/imgres?...um=1&hl=en&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-14,GGLD:en&sa=N

well when it was rearward facing there wasnt much space between the car seat and the top of the car door and you would struggle to get a newborn through the gap,it would just be a struggle.

the infant car seat i have got you can change the strap length so if i get a padded insert surely i can just alter the straps.

when you say about its for comfort and not sure if it will be ok in an accident, what do you mean?

i mean that the padding is to make baby comfy and cosy but i doubt that ina collision it'd make much difference..though I may be wrong - maybe it would protect him/her a little....but i expect it's teh frame of the seat which does the protecting....best check with the maker of the car seat - they should have their own range of accessories which have been put through crash tests etc. :)

i mean that the padding is to make baby comfy and cosy but i doubt that ina collision it'd make much difference..though I may be wrong - maybe it would protect him/her a little....but i expect it's teh frame of the seat which does the protecting....best check with the maker of the car seat - they should have their own range of accessories which have been put through crash tests etc. :)

oh right,
yes i know it will only be for babys comfort but in a collision it wouldnt make it worse.
i have seen a total body support in babies r us that i might get.

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.a...lcarseats/brutravelcarseatsaccessories/215023

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->