Carbs!

S

Serene123

If I eat no carbs (like bread, pasta, potato's) all day, then I can have some with dinner right? I want chicken with pasta and veggies tonight but I don't know if I'm allowed the pasta? :lol:

im sure thats fine! they say you need to eat a handful of carbs! try have brown pasta if you can! x

Carbs are an important part of nutrition. You should never try and cut them out totally. Just try to eat complex carbs (brown bread, wholewheat pasta, brown rice, etc) rather than simple carbs (white bread, white flour, white rice, sweets, crisps, etc)

Personally I try only to eat carbs about 1-2 hours before exercise to give my body fuel rather than having them late at night.

I find bulgur wheat is a good, healthy alternative to white pasta.

Your body needs carbs though. The right carbs are good for you :thumbup:

Carbs are better had earlier as then they won't just sit on your stomach overnight that way :D - in the day you have a better chance of digesting them more easily and working some of it off through normal everyday activity :) oh and like its been said, stick to browns :thumbup: its nicer anyway :D xxx

It doesn't matter when you eat carbs, if you eat more than you burn off you will store any food as fat!!
x

I find when people are dieting its either watching the carbs/calories etc as im one of them i tried the camebridge diet which is basically non carb and yes u lose weight fast but if you go back to eating what u never ate then your body will just pile all the weight back on plus more....some people do keep it off if you ea things in moderation after the weight loss.

But now im doing slimming world and its the totally opposite of cambridge diet im on the extra easy plan which is basically all carb rice/pot/pasta and meats so im still losing weight plus eating a healthy balanced diet when my slimming world leader said this to me i was like finding it hard to believe as these foods were all carb as id been on the camebridge as its 2 totally different diets...but it does work ive lost 5lb in 2 week the weight loss is abit slower then diet like cambridge but its a lifestyle change and thats what i need:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->