care sheffield ivf

glitterqueen

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone been to Care Sheffield-have appt in Jan just wanted some info-like how to get there from east midlands airport!!
Thanks

HI

you have a couple of options

1) hire and car and drive up. I think it maybe about 3 hours drive. I think sheffield is on the M1, so that should be good for you

2) take the train, but this may be too faffy. you may have to change a few times and get to the train station from the airport

personally if you hire a car, you will be in control and dont have to worry about trains being late etc. You dont need the stress when you are goign for your 1st appt

Hope this helps xx

Cheers muncho
i looked on the train web site last night and you r right the train is a nightmare! public transport here sucks! Managed to get the flights for £8 return for both of us-result! except the clinic haven't actually confirmed the date but we didn't want to miss the prices and if we have to cancel its only £8 but all the other flights are at least £70 each
jsut have to convince oh to drive in England-he only passed his test 3 years ago so of course i am the better driver! Sheffield is only about an hour up the moterway from the airport according to google maps so i think its the best option x

HI

you have a couple of options

1) hire and car and drive up. I think it maybe about 3 hours drive. I think sheffield is on the M1, so that should be good for you

2) take the train, but this may be too faffy. you may have to change a few times and get to the train station from the airport

personally if you hire a car, you will be in control and dont have to worry about trains being late etc. You dont need the stress when you are goign for your 1st appt

Hope this helps xx

its not that far no where near. itl take about an hour. straight up the m1.

thanks ladies
god if all this wasn't stressful enough the bloody flights back to ni leave at 6.30 at the latest and our clilnic only does appts 2-5 mon to thurs so we won't make it back for flight which means an overnight stay and can't get any dates to match up -god its crap living on an island!! i swear the airplane companies are all conspiring against me or the sheffield tourist board do it deliberately to increase hotel profits- think the pmt is kicking in on day 21!!!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NI... wow how on earth did u get referred to care from NI! i couldnt when i was there. im gunna be nosey... what exacty u having done at care?

Ryanair is good for flights and from belfast city airport.. go quite late into the evening aswell.

Hi Tracie
sheffield has the best results for my age-they have a specillised short protocol for oldies. I just e-mailled for an appointment. we were originally going to manchester but the stats were better at sheffield and manchester did need a doc referral before 1st appointment but sheffield don't-weird?
got an appointment for 5th Jan and we r going to stay one night and have a nosey around
i am having ivf-unexplained infertility all bloods fine SA for dp is normal just my age holding me back so the fs said-like i don't know what age i am -41 btw x

i clearly dont travel NORTH much..
good news that it only takes an hour though!

found a train that takes us to near the clinic in 1 hour-going to book a nice hotel for 1 night and treat ourselves-just had my blooks done for the clinic-they look at you funny when you go for an HIV test!!!!

hey i live in sheffield. Its only about 1 hr 30 mins from airport to here. Not sure what you mean by care sheffield?? what the address? The train station is not near the hospital if its there your going?

JO x

Hi
The train station is bout 2 miles apparently the post code is SA7 but we have just seen the price of the trains so we are going to hire a car instead! Cheers anyway- any tips on how to spend 10 days in Sheffield-we will have to stay there when having the ivf !

Hi hun,

Great to here you decided on Care. Just want to wish you luck- let me know how it's going. I'm due to start round 2 in January x

Hi hun,

Great to here you decided on Care. Just want to wish you luck- let me know how it's going. I'm due to start round 2 in January x

great to hear from you- sorry your having to try again. we were just about to book our flights to norway when oh found brand new stats for 2009 for the sheffield clinic. I asked why theres were so much better than the manchester stats for my age and apparently the clinic directer has developed a short protocol for oldies which is more successful so we are going to give it a try! I am excited, nervous, worried and every other emotion i can think off but i am also having accupuncture so hopefully that will help
Good luck for round 2 keep me posted xx

Hi glitter
im confused now, i have just checked out care..how come you didnt go for northampton, that had the best for your age group and nottingham had the best one for me. Its cheaper than london - not surprised...

Such a big decision, i hope im making the right choice by going to norway or london..

Muncho
OH got new stats for sheffield but don't know where-will ask him. I would have gone to norway only cuz of the whole flights situation there really wasn't much difference in price plus i spoke to sheffield and its a small unit who specilise in older mummies to be. I resigned myself not to look at any more, the flights and hotel are booked so i will see what the consultation brings
i agree its scary and i think there is a fine line between the clinics wanting to help and just making money but thats cynical i suppose! one tip my accupuncturist gave me get as many bloods done by your gp to save a fortune and always ask the clinic if your gp can do any of the procedures, scans etc. I have also asked my gp if I can have the drugs on prescription and he is looking into it on the grounds that i am paying for everything else and the nhs did mess up on my treatment.
good luck to both of us xxx

hi glitter

i have had ALL my bloods done, im seeing the doc tomorrow and will be asking the same q about the drugs. its only fair as we are saving the nhs thousands.

your oh got the results from the website, i had a look myself. Im not going to look anymore. ill let you know how my 2 appts go next week and i look forward to hearing about yours..

xx

Hi Muncho
I know oh said the stats had changed and been updated recently to 2009 he was also looking at hfea site.
Good luck I look forward to hearing everything hope norway isnt too freezing-mnd you south england seems to be as bad at the minute?
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->