Career or Baby?

zinfandel

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I don't have any children between us but I have 4 children from a previous marriage who live with their dad. I am in a dilemma and I don't know what to do. I'm 36 and now my children are all living with their dad and I wanted to start my career by going to college and then onto uni. But because my boyfriend doesn't have any kids I feel it would also be wonderful to have a child with him. Because of my age I feel I need to commit now to one or the other. My course starts in September and I just feel that time is running out for me and I need to choose one or the other as this is doing my head in at the moment. My boyfriend is open minded and supportive. I don't want to have any regrets. If I go to uni I'd be doing it for myself and I'd find it very rewarding and it would lead to a better paid and more satisfying job. But if I commit to that it would take 4 years just to get myself through the courses and then move onto a job so I'd be in my early 40's before I could take a break to have a child which I think is too late. If I decide to have a baby sooner then I don't know if I'd be able to cope well with the coursework and a baby. Bottom line is I'd love to be able to do both but I'm not sure if I can.

no reason why you can't do both as long as you accept it Will be tough. i completed my degree as a single mum through the ou and for the most part i was also working part time. i now have a wonderful oh and lo is 1 and am off to uni in Sept to do pgce in primary teaching. we are also ttc as i don't want a huge age gap between the 2 youngest and i am confident if and hopefully when it happens i Will still be able to continue my studies...! you don't have to choose between a family and a career...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->