Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sam's mum, Apr 25, 2009.

1. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

Every time I wake up my hands are either completely numb or I have pins and needles in them, and it takes ages for them to go back to normal (not a good thing when Sam wakes up and I have to go and get him!)

Has anyone else had this and is there anything that can be done to help? I'm not seeing my midwife again for weeks but I'm not sure if it's worth making an appointment if there's nothing that can be done anyway? x

2. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

I would make an appointment with your doctor hun, I have another condition in my hand and it has flared up since getting pregnant, they can give you a splint to wear and it really does help, I hope they can help you, take care :hugs: XX

3. baby.love

baby.love Guest

Go see a Dr hun, i know carpol tunnel is quite common in pregnancy but always worth getting it checked.. I had cubital tunnel and had to have an operation last feb as i had left it so long before going to see anyone.

They may send you for physio or just give you some gentle exersize for it. x

4. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

Thanks so much - was just worried about wasting the doctor's time if it was nothing, but even now they don't feel completely normal and it's been a while since I woke up...took ages to get the feeling back in them this morning too, and even if I wake up in the middle of the night they're numb then too. I'll make an appointment on monday x