Carseat confusion

MummytoOscar

& one in the oven <3
Reaction score
Am beginning to think that we may have to get Oscar a new carseat.

The one we have was part of a Graco travelsystem that included an autobase, but although Oscar's feet overhang just a little I have the straps extended as far as they can yet I struggle to do them up over his belly (hehe he's my lil fat boy:rofl:).

I have looked under the material to check if there is any padding there that could be removed, I have checked to see if I can adjust the straps in anyway and looking on the internet it says the carseat is suitable from birth to 13kg (29lbs). Oscar weighs bout 18lbs so he isn't too heavy for it.

Has anyone else had the same troubles? I may be being silly and missed something really obvious here :blush:

At 6 months I thought Oscar was too young for a forward facing carseat (don't they have to be a year?) But I feel like I'm trying to squeeze him into a car seat thats too small :baby:

Am not sure if I need to buy a new seat :muaha:

I've got the jeep travel system and am having a similar problem. The straps work fine, but his shoulders are being squished. I've been looking around at the different car seats available and some can be both back and front facing and are between birth and 18 or 9and 25kgs. Have NO clue which one to get. Some can last till they are 4-5 years old while others only until 2-3.

Have you got the shoulder straps through the highest holes at the back??

Am beginning to think that we may have to get Oscar a new carseat.

The one we have was part of a Graco travelsystem that included an autobase, but although Oscar's feet overhang just a little I have the straps extended as far as they can yet I struggle to do them up over his belly (hehe he's my lil fat boy:rofl:).

I have looked under the material to check if there is any padding there that could be removed, I have checked to see if I can adjust the straps in anyway and looking on the internet it says the carseat is suitable from birth to 13kg (29lbs). Oscar weighs bout 18lbs so he isn't too heavy for it.

Has anyone else had the same troubles? I may be being silly and missed something really obvious here :blush:

At 6 months I thought Oscar was too young for a forward facing carseat (don't they have to be a year?) But I feel like I'm trying to squeeze him into a car seat thats too small :baby:

Am not sure if I need to buy a new seat :muaha:

We've got one that goes with the graco travel system too. Sam's about 18lb and his feet reach the end of it, but there's still lots of room in the straps (as I loosen them to put him in it and then tighten them up once he's in). Doesn't it have a metal clip with different slots on the back? Have you got it on the highest one of those (it's been a while since I adjusted anything and I'm feeding Sam now so can't look, sorry!) x

We've got one that goes with the graco travel system too. Sam's about 18lb and his feet reach the end of it, but there's still lots of room in the straps (as I loosen them to put him in it and then tighten them up once he's in). Doesn't it have a metal clip with different slots on the back? Have you got it on the highest one of those (it's been a while since I adjusted anything and I'm feeding Sam now so can't look, sorry!) x

Yes it does! I had a quick look at the metal bit to see if there was anything I could do with it but couldn't see any other way that it could be adjusted, am now hunting for the manual that came with the travelsystem (we're moving in a few weeks and it's packed in a box somewhere:dohh:)

reallytinyamy-Thanks for the suggestion! But the straps are already in the highest slot

i no they can go in a forward facing seat once they reach 9 months but there are seats you can get that can be rear facing and then you can turn them once their allowed to set forward i have one.

there is a manual online on the site xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->