cartons of milk...

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
right im off to france in 5 weeks time camping with summer (brave i know!)
my plan is whilst im there to use the cartons of ready made milk, we are taking a small fridge so i can store one carton once its opened for 24 hours max. however as im bringing all the cartons from home as i dont want to risk them not being sold over there i need somewhere to put them so was just going to keep them in the car or something but im worried that if it gets really hot over there will the milk go funny or something as it says on the carton store in a cool dry place?
so i suppose what im trying to say is what is the max temp i could store unopened cartons..?

id say about 25 deg. If you are worried then put them in a coolbag or even in an insulated changing bag as this will regulate the temp a bit. They are stored at shelf temp in the shops so should be ok until opened.
Oh by the way...good luck!!! you are very brave!

Unsure about the milk sorry but as Lulu suggested I would prob put in an insulated bag which would keep them a little cooler for you.
We have been building up the courage to take Jack camping & are probably going to go for a night or two over August bank holiday over here (weather permitting:dohh:) - PIL's are taking their tent so we will just go into one of their bedrooms - I think you are very brave going to France - we were planning on going last year (before I found out I was pregnant), but things got in the way & we never ended up going:dohh: Whereabouts are you going & is it a tent you are staying in?

we are going to brittany, we are going by overnight ferry so its massive and will be able to take pushchair etc on there. yes it is a tent but its a very big one tht we can fit a normal travel cot in and stand up properly etc. the only thing im worried about is like feeding and sterilising. it shouldnt be too hot there as its only just across the sea from england. im going with OH, my twin brother who are 15 and my parents so plenty of people to help out :)

the only thing im worried about is like feeding and sterilising
That's what I am worried about too - & whether he will decide to wake in the night for a feed:dohh:
When we go there will be around 9 adults & 6 kids so will have lots of help too:happydance:
Hope you have a great time - let us know how it goes & we may venture over ther next year!!!:blush:

im sure i will write a big post when i get back about how much of a nightmare it was haha!

I got sterislising tablets from asda and just steeped the bottles in that and hot water. Would you maybe not be better taking a tub of powder milk? And using bottled water from over there to make them up. If its the same site my dads just back from in brittany then they have a supermarket on site you could buy bottled watered x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->