Cat advice

Sunrise

Reaction score
I'm putting this here rather than pets because it will get more replies here. We got a ginger tom cat from a rescue centre about nine weeks ago and he has been going out for about three weeks. The first week when he went out was with me in the garden until he started wondering out of the garden and now we just leave him too it with the back door open. Every single time he goes out he gets into a fight with other cats and it is really stressing me out. I know he is probably trying to show the other cats that the garden is his and to determine his dominance in the other gardens but it is such a worry. Anything I can do to try and stop this? He is neutered and is such a lovely cat otherwise and is fantastic with my LO.

Any advice?

Cats are territorial and when entering a new home can fight. You might find it settles down once his anxiety does. But if you catch the cat fights, squirting the cats with water is a good behavioural method. Because your cat is new to the area the other cats will be trying to mark the area as theirs still, where as he's saying no it's mine. So hopefully things will calm down soon. I don't have much more advice though as my cat's an indoor one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->