cat net

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
we need a cat net for our moses basket, we got the carrycot size as its the closest we could get but the moses basket seems really enclosed with it on.

does anyone have any ideas?

I had a cat net with my first because i was at mums at the time and i dont trust her cats. Its fine, i know it seems quite restricting, but you only need to put it on when your not in the room with your baby, so its not a permanent thing.
Suppose it wouldent hurt to see if the make them with a frame on that lifts it up from the basket, not sure if they do, but hey, we could patent a new design, lol.

(EDIT as an after thought.) You dont need for that long either because when the baby starts to grasp, the cat soon learns to stay out of the way.

I'm sure after living in my womb for 9 months a cat net wont seems so bad to her! Its for night time really cos she'll be sleeping in our room with us in a moses basket aqnd he cats sleep in there too. Guess it'll be a case of seeing how it goes

Maybe its time for the cat to move out, maybe i nice warm spot on the landing.
My cat isent aloud upstairs because his purring keeps me awake, lol, plus i dont like it when he get in with the kids because he gets right up near their faces.

our cats(all 5 of them) have always slept in our room and I dont think moving out is an option. OH certainly wouldnt cope with it!!

My cat has slept on my neck since she was a kitten. She now weighs 12 lbs and just about asphyxiates me with love every night.
I plan to keep the nursery door closed, but I want a cat net as a back-up.
Does anyone have a link or recommendation for a good one?
Many thanks!

My cat has slept on my neck since she was a kitten. She now weighs 12 lbs and just about asphyxiates me with love every night.
I plan to keep the nursery door closed, but I want a cat net as a back-up.
Does anyone have a link or recommendation for a good one?
Many thanks!

I have a 5 month old staffy that weights an stone and a half + that likes sleeping on your neck!! just got her a big basket that a great dane could fit on 2 fully grown! its on the floor next to OH has she was on the bed but that we have stopped cos she will soon be big! (Her dog is nearly 7 stone!) plus i got a cat and a ferret! so i am busy busy busy.

Amy, I saw cat nets in different sizes in Boyes...don't know if you have that shop where you live? It's a cheap sell end of line stuff kind of shop. I haven't bought one yet as was planning to shut cats out at least for first week or so. I'm also gonna have to put tin foil over the door join stuck to carpet as they claw away and shred the carpets to bits. I read somewhere they don't like tinfoil so gonna give it a go. Would be very hard to keep 5 cats out tho...we only have 2 and only one of them really sleeps with us but the other does liek to come in to play with the wardrobe doors in the middle of the night.

Amy, I saw cat nets in different sizes in Boyes...don't know if you have that shop where you live? It's a cheap sell end of line stuff kind of shop. I haven't bought one yet as was planning to shut cats out at least for first week or so. I'm also gonna have to put tin foil over the door join stuck to carpet as they claw away and shred the carpets to bits. I read somewhere they don't like tinfoil so gonna give it a go. Would be very hard to keep 5 cats out tho...we only have 2 and only one of them really sleeps with us but the other does liek to come in to play with the wardrobe doors in the middle of the night.

Another good method is to put down double sided sticky tape. Kitties HATE the feel of that on their paws. It has really helped to save our couches, and it should work just fine on carpet, too. It does lose its stickiness as it gets linty, so you do have to change it once in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->