cat people

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
i put a moses basket in the living room so that the cats got used to it being there, and so they could explore it before the baby comes. they went to scratch it a few times which they got told off for and since then theyve ignored it, result!

give it a go!

ours did that. different story once Chloe had slept in it and it was warm, they tried to sleep in it- the water spray got good use for a while but they soon got the message, they just have to get used to it

I was abit worried about my cats and the baby. Will try this!

yeah we have the water spray in our house too, all i have to do it pick up the bottle now and they leg it.... well one does the other looks at me like 'come on then' the cow

My cats are totally disinterested in Caitlyn. I think they know she's my baby? I can't explain it :rofl:

im going with they will be like ahh you stink and your small and louder than me fuck that rofl

I put my moses basket up for my dog to get used... he kept jumping inside it.... its gone in the cupboard for now!

oh no!!

i sat with mine for ages and told them off every time they went to jump in it and theyve left it be.

Another tip I read somewhere is baby's room should be off limits to pets in general wayyy before baby comes so they don't associate being locked out of the room with the new baby and come to resent it. :)

I had to laugh when I read all of you use the water too...we call ours the "bad kitty bottle" it has worked wonders with keeping the fur-babies out of human baby's things.

I know if i tried this they would just jump in it and sleep then give me the feel sorry for them face when i told them off

yeah we have the water spray in our house too, all i have to do it pick up the bottle now and they leg it.... well one does the other looks at me like 'come on then' the cow

:rofl: Same with my two cats, one runs if you just shake it, the other will just let you spray her and than goes right back to what she was doing in the first place!

My cat's scared of her own shadow so I'm hoping she'll be too nervous of Pip to go near him when he's tiny.
A website I read said to start rubbing baby lotion on your hands before the baby is born to get your cats used to the smell - I'm not sure I want Zaggy to be that familiar with him though

:rofl: Same with my two cats, one runs if you just shake it, the other will just let you spray her and than goes right back to what she was doing in the first place!

yep! i have to actually drown her with water to make her notice!!

my kittys have been locked out of anything baby since i found out i was pregnant we have also limited fuzz time during the day and they are no longer aloud in our bedroom

I have one old fat cat lol ...
She allways loves the moses basket , Tries to get in it and everything ... Compleatley scared me when Finnley was due , And then as soon as he was born and my cat realised this baby screams lol , She legged it and never went near the basket or the baby again HaHaHa , So not so worried this time round phewwwww .
What a result Uvlollypop good tactics :) . xxx .

I have one old fat cat lol ...
She allways loves the moses basket , Tries to get in it and everything ... Compleatley scared me when Finnley was due , And then as soon as he was born and my cat realised this baby screams lol , She legged it and never went near the basket or the baby again HaHaHa , So not so worried this time round phewwwww .
What a result Uvlollypop good tactics :) . xxx .
My cats avoid kids because of my niece...hopefully they will steer clear of Aedan too. I would hate to have to punish them for anything.

sounds good!

Ive started locking mine out of the bedroom, its really not working tho, they are crying to come in all night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->