cat people

I'm going to be interested to see if baby can beat our cats in the stinkiest poop competition that they seem to have going on with one another lately!

my cats are my babies right now so im hoping all goes well when the baby is home. i think it will as i plan to try not to ignore them or treat them any different. ill try that too eventually and i have a feeling ill be having to get them out of the crib a lot ;)

sounds good!

Ive started locking mine out of the bedroom, its really not working tho, they are crying to come in all night

mine did that seriously dont give up it will work :) check out my journal i contemplated giving them up the the rspca and all sorts properly did my head in.

i have heard bad things about cat nets damaging the cats claws not something im willing to try just yet if they pay too much attention once babys here ill get one but i have a feeling its going to be ok

i know my cats gonna be a nightmare i only have to take something out the freezer i walk to put it on the side and she jumps in the freezer door lol, i bring the shopping in from the car come back and she's lay in the carrier bags of food lol. and she loves water as well and will like it if i spray her lol, she's a persian so i spose different kettle of fish and i wont know till he gets here.
x

my cat is scared of Jacob and wont go near him!!

x

sounds good!

Ive started locking mine out of the bedroom, its really not working tho, they are crying to come in all night

mine did that seriously dont give up it will work :) check out my journal i contemplated giving them up the the rspca and all sorts properly did my head in.

i have heard bad things about cat nets damaging the cats claws not something im willing to try just yet if they pay too much attention once babys here ill get one but i have a feeling its going to be ok

thanks, we have decided we will start locking them out properly when we start doing the nursery feb time, mind you I was thinking they only cry really first thing in the morning when they want us to get up and feed them/change their litter. and I'll porb be up early anyway with the baby!

Tabby- mine are my babies too, im everyone says that when the baby arrives I wont want to know them, cant see that happening!

thought id include a pic!

Attachments

• honeymoon 422.jpg
    honeymoon 422.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 9
  • honeymoon 394.jpg
    honeymoon 394.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 7
  • honeymoon 524.jpg
    honeymoon 524.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 9
Ours are already shut out of the nursery, but not the bedroom. We should start shutting them out of there too as bubs will room with us for a few months to begin with.

It's difficult atm though as we just moved and are keeping them shut in the house for another week to get them used to where they live now (we already lost one cat this move :cry: )

Once we're letting them come and go as they like they will probably cope reasonably well not being able to sleep on our bed at all times!

i started locking cat out of the nursery which used to be his favourite room when we decorated he hasnt been bothered but if i go in there to do something he comes in and sits on the window sill, when i walk out he follows, i have been in there a few times and sat in my nursing chair and he sits on my knee which i dont mind, we are away this weekend but next weekend is when we begin locking him out of our bedroom which again like you im not looking forward to. i didnt want to do it all at once and think he was being punished so we have done it gradually
my cat is my baby though too this is what he was like with the carseat

Lou
xxx

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 10
I have water spray, started using it recently as when the baby is 'finally' asleep I don't want to wake him by shouting at the cat, and it's working.

I have set up the pram and bouncer in the living room, and the moses in our room - but they all still have their plastic on. He does occasionally try and get into the moses through the back, but I think he relaises he's just going to get shouted at.

I don't always shut the baby's room door, but when i leave it open he isn't fussed about the cot once, he just wants to lay in the big patch of sunshine in the middle of the floor.

We lock him usually lock him in the kitchen at night - but he goes on the surfaces (new house has no catflap) so I've started a routine of giving him his last feed outside and locking him out for the night - he just dosn't realise he will be let back in during the day...

I'm going to use cot nets, hope they work. I have 2 cats and I know one of them, the older one, definitely won't go near the baby, but the other one is like my baby, he follows me absolutely everywhere I go and sleeps at my feet on the bed every night without fail, always has. I have thought about shutting him out of the bedroom at night (as the baby will be in with us for the first few months) but I think it would break both our hearts and cause a lot of trauma and confusion. I think as long as he can still sleep where he has always slept I am hoping he won't feel too pushed out when the baby comes.

mine are indoor cats which I think may make it harder, im hoping they will just ignore the baby!

MEET MY FAMILY
I have four cats and DH...plus baby on the way...I have my hands full.
DSCF0014.jpg
Booger and DH

DSCF0028.jpg
Darla Sleeping on the AC (quite a narrow ledge to sleep on)

DSCF0042.jpg
Dingo and Booger sleeping on my purse

DSCF0038.jpg
Critter

sounds good!

thanks, we have decided we will start locking them out properly when we start doing the nursery feb time, mind you I was thinking they only cry really first thing in the morning when they want us to get up and feed them/change their litter. and I'll porb be up early anyway with the baby!

Tabby- mine are my babies too, im everyone says that when the baby arrives I wont want to know them, cant see that happening!

thought id include a pic!

oww they lovely! mine now wait untill they hear the alarm and if you dont get up right away the hassle but before i had about 2 months of scratching and mewing at all hours be strong and dont give in it will pay off they need to learn that they are fur babies and not real babys.
give them tonns of fuss and praise/treats in the morning when they have been good all night.

maybe get them a bed so they have somewhere snug to bed down seeing as they are used to your bed?

i also found getting toys helped, and hiding treats around the house before bed cause they spend most of the night looking for them and not hassling ant the door!

i started locking cat out of the nursery which used to be his favourite room when we decorated he hasnt been bothered but if i go in there to do something he comes in and sits on the window sill, when i walk out he follows, i have been in there a few times and sat in my nursing chair and he sits on my knee which i dont mind, we are away this weekend but next weekend is when we begin locking him out of our bedroom which again like you im not looking forward to. i didnt want to do it all at once and think he was being punished so we have done it gradually
my cat is my baby though too this is what he was like with the carseat

Lou
xxx

oww cute kitty

MEET MY FAMILY
I have four cats and DH...plus baby on the way...I have my hands full.
View attachment 6941
Booger and DH

View attachment 6942
Darla Sleeping on the AC (quite a narrow ledge to sleep on)

View attachment 6943
Dingo and Booger sleeping on my purse

View attachment 6944
Critter

owww love your kittys too!!

----------

be careful locking cats out over night suddenly, cats get arsey and can be easily rejected you also have to think about things like bonfire night and stuff where its best to keep kittys in so they dont get spooked/hurt....

I'm worried about my kitty.. she's my big baby right now, she sleeps with me and has all my attention whenever she comes up and asks for it pretty much :) My mum says she's going to be messed up when the baby arrives.. and I really hope not because I love her so much!! :(

my Quincy has been an only child for the last two years, i also dont want to upset her too much by locking her out of rooms. I think she will be petrified of the baby so that will be a good deterent along with a water bottle and baby net. Maybe its wishful thinking but i dont really want anything to change, obviously i wont leave the cat alone with babs but i dont see there needing to be any major adjustments.

mine are indoor cats which I think may make it harder, im hoping they will just ignore the baby!

Yes mine are indoor cats too and shutting them out of the bedroom at the mo seems so unfair as we only live in a 1 bed flat which literally consists of bedroom, kitchen/living and bathroom.

When we move into a house hopefully in a couple of months, i wont be letting them in either bedroom from the start so they know where they stand in the new teritory.

thanks molly, will try it. My youngest cat is like my littl baby I hope I don't leave her out when Isabelle arrives

https://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/bambikate3/009.jpg x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->